Thursday, May 7, 2009

Goose,Gulls and Grass

On Saturday May 2 Jake and I spent an enjoyable day in Winnipeg.
We visited only two places,Fort Whyte Alive and St.Vital Park.
Here is a sampling of pictures taken on that day.
In St.Vital Park the Gulls were everywhere.
I don't know who was being yelled at here,
but check out that mouth.
This is the kind of pictures I like to take.
Just some of last years grasses against a blue sky. At Fort Whyte Alive I saw this Canada Goose standing on the shore. The reflections caught my eye. The last picture is one which Jake got at St.Vital Park. This Gull was coming in for a landing. The shutter snapped at just the right moment. How great are your works,O Lord. Psalm 92:5

10 comments:

  1. That last gull shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely - the BIF from rear is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth: What a neat show, you made some wonderful captures of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gull w/ his mouth wide open definitely had something to get off his chest - lol! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures, Ruth. It's great seeing the birds through you and Jake's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unique and lovely scenes! It seems it was a good day for going to the park. Nice to see pictures from my "hometown" Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a wonderful series of photos! I love the Goose and his reflection in the water. But I have to agree with Lynne - the last photo of the Gull is amazing. Reminds me of an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to see photos right from near where my hubby's family lives!! Love your amazing photos!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gull photo is amazing! You are right that you got it at the exact right time. I enlarged to get a better look at it.

    Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth