Monday, June 8, 2009

My Weekly Bird ABC

'T' is for Tennessee,Tree and Turkey.
The small Tennessee Warbler is sitting pretty on top of some Apricot blossoms. A Tree Swallow is one of the more trusting birds I have encountered.
They will allow you to get very close even when they are sitting on eggs. From the small to the large,this Turkey Vulture has a wingspan of 6ft. This is not the most beautiful bird around.
Here is another view of the Tennessee Warbler.
And yet another Turkey Vulture soaring in the sky.
You can learn great deal about God by studying His creation.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruth... Wonder if the Tennessee Warbler is IN Tennessee. I've never seen one ---but they 'may' be around.

    Thanks for sharing your "T" birds.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Warbler is a new one for me.
    Lovely photos Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a Tennessee Warbler. Beautiful! I like photographing Turkey Vultures too! Nice photos, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great series! I really like the warblers - they are one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your Terrific T birds. especially the Tree Swallow, Love the blue and white and how sleek they look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very nice of you to start this post with 'Tennessee'! I have to admit that I'm not sure that I've seen a Tennessee Warbler, but I will definitely keep my eyes open for one. Thanks for another great post in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turkey vulture isn't much to look at up close, but I think they are beautiful soaring in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots...love that Tree Swallow. So pretty. We saw a lot of those vultures this week while in OHio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved that last shot of the vulture with the background! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth