Monday, August 17, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane 3

On this third installment of Memory Lane

I have chosen pictures which have an emphasis on the sky.

Summer is the time of thunder storms and lightening,

so here are some of Jake's slides with stormy skies.

This picture is actually not a thunderstorm,but in fact a dust storm.
It had been a very dry year and one Sunday the wind came up
and this was the scene.
Thunderstorms often produce much rain,which leads to unexpected run-off. More dramatic clouds.
A bolt of lightening illuminating the night sky.
Clouds as sunset create the loveliest scenes.
Note the boat on the lake in the foreground.
The next few pictures are a collection of cloud scenes.
I hope you enjoy them.
A massive thunderhead rolling in.
The storms are past and the sun is setting.
Here are a variety of sunset and night scenes.
The first shows a mist laying in the valley.
This one is our home town of Morden,Manitoba.
We used to have the two grain elevators,but are now down to one.
Sunset on Lake Minniwasta,also at Morden.
Living in a farming community,this is a scene we often come across in fall.
Another look at the elevators and the railroad tracks.
I do not know where this picture was taken,but it fits the sunset theme.
The silvery path of moonlight on Lake Minniwasta,Morden.
Quite a few years ago this fountain stood in a park in the center of Morden.
I like the colored lights on it.
The fountain was removed when it fell into disrepair.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

17 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth...these are Wonderful! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sky pictures. It's nice that we have an always changing scene when looking at the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all, but think my favorite is the one with the boat in the front.

    Leedra’s Photos For Fun


    Leedra’s Greeting Cards


    Photography By Leedra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! These are some stunning shots of skys and sunsets! What a great selection you chose..Thanks~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful pictures, Ruth. I'm sure it took a lot of time and patience to get some of them, the bolt of lightning in particular. Thanks a lot, they're beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos arE just BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruth, Can you hear me saying ooh-ah--ooh-ah when looking at your sky pictures???? I love them all--but the fourth one really caught my attention. WOW!!!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these pictures are just wonderful. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite, but I'm very drawn to the picture with the boat in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth: What a wonderful series of captures. You area and great skies made for a neat trip through the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This series of photos is just amazing. I especially like the one with the boat in the foreground (brave fellow!), and the one of Lake Minniwasta where the grasses accent the foreground of the photo. Wonderful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Manitoba skies and scenes! The sunsets are breathtaking! I used to enjoy seeing the grain elevators whenever we drove across the prairies in the summer to visit my parents. It's too bad about the fountain as it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth and Jake, these photos are just the most beautiful ! Supburb photography!
    I do love the orange sunset of the railroad tracks. Actually I love them all!
    Have a happy Wednesday.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful set of pictures. I was going to list my favourites, but I kept changing my mind. It is so hard to capture lightning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Before I had to give up leading worship on Sunday mornings, I used to prepare all of our powerpoint slides of song lyrics for the congregation. I was always looking for the majesty and power of God in His creation! Several of these photo's would do much to enhance the atmosphere of worship as folks sing of the Glory of God and His majesty!

    The boat in front with the sun behind the clouds first brought to mind the calm after a storm - I know there is a motor on the boat but it makes me think of Peter walking on the water and Jesus calming the storms. Such peace and yet such strength represented in 1 picture.

    What is it about clouds and the way the sun peaks out from them, that just draw us to think of God's Almighty power? Makes me think of "How Great Thou Art" and "Somebody Bigger Than You and I"

    Thanks for helping me to praise God for His beautiful world this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! What a way to show God's glory. If I had a favorite to pick I would choose the photo of Sunset on Lake Minniwasta. I love seeing the grass in the foreground with the colorful setting sun reflecting on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..there are some really great shots there! I like the lightning and the third one with the touches of light on the grass. All the clouds are dramatic. I really like cloud photos and we were having some dramatic looking skies today, but I didn't have the camera handy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These were all so interesting - my favorite was the boat on the lake...the run off with the green grass and blue sky..and that last one - very different!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth