Monday, August 24, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane 4

On today's Walk Down Memory Lane I invite you to join me in the flower garden.
These are once again pictures taken from Jake's collection of old slides.
I will not comment except to identify those flowers which I know.
The well known Sunflower.

These are Daisy like flowers common in many gardens.
A wild fruit blossom,possibly cherry. Lupins,putting on a grand display. Another common,yet beautiful flower,the rose.
I don't have a name for this one.
An Iris standing tall.
This is a creative shot,zooming out while depressing the shutter button.
This is Delphinium in bud.
A close-up of a Columbine.
Lilacs in spring.
A delicate Tulip.
Another Tulip,with a totally different shape.
More Lupins.
Some more of the Daisy like flowers.
This is a wild flower,the Closed Gentian.
These flowers do not open more than this.
Some delicate wild flowers.
Springtime blossoms
A grass seed head.
Another un-named wild flower.
Enjoy happiness,treasure joy. And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies(or any flowers) of the field grow.
They do not labor or spin.
....
If that is how God clothes the grass of the field,...
will He not much more clothe you? Matthew 6:28 + 30 Small print in the verse above is my words.

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruth... I love seeing all of your spring and summer blossoms. The Lupins really caught my eye... VERY pretty!!!! My Mother had gorgeous flowers when I was growing up. I wish I had have paid more attention to them BACK then.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, Ruth! Love the Lupines and the wild flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Excellent shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ruth, Great flower shots. The grass head is even beautiful. I always love that Bible verse, too. Hope you've had a good day. Are you back to school yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each picture deserves a first place winner! Beautiful, Ruth and Jake! Lupines are my favorite.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a lovely series of flower photos. Very nice photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do have a nice selection of flowers. I have some like them but not that many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see all these colorful beauties as we head into the next season when flowers are noticeable not present! I really like the creative shot...I might try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That tulip is original. I have never seen one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glorious collection of flower images Ruth..well done..hope you are framing a few!
    I appreciate all your support and encouragement as I walk this healing journey! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone of them is gorgeous, but the first Lupins and the Iris were my favorites! I like the wildflowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beutiful! The scripture verse goes perfectly well with the lovely flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful series of so many different flowers. I love that they were captured at different times of the day..with dew drops on them..in direct sun..in the shade..but I just love that creative shot!!
    Again, another super post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful pics. I love the Lupine shots. i saw one in bloom today.. We also have the yellow daisy like flowers in our gardentoo al tho iIdon't know their name. You must be getting the old school bus warmed up for next week when its back to school time. my son, a teacher in Quebec, is already back to school. As a retired teachers we, my husband and i don't miss it a bit.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures may be from old slides, but they are all absolutely gorgeous. I can't begin to tell you how much I am enjoying this series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are all so lovely! The Lupins are magnificent and I like your creative photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth: How wonderfully the flowers show the diversity and beauty of creation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like others have said, the diversity of flowers is amazing. I will have to try that creative shot idea sometime. Great photos again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous Ruth! And one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVED your zoom shot! Very creative! So many of these flower shots are so interesting! I don't have an eye for flower composition, but YOU really do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth