Monday, October 5, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane 10

Week 10 of our Walk Down Memory Lane takes us to a variety of scenes,
I remind you that none of these pictures are current,all were taken
by Jake,using slide film.They have been scanned to the computer.
Here is just a pretty sunset picture.

The next three pictures are of carnival rides,taken at our annual Corn and Apple Festival.
Again these were taken years ago,but still look much the same today.
A fireworks display often ends the day on July 1st.
Yes in Canada we celebrate on the 1st instead of the 4th.
This one needs no introduction,the Canada Goose is well known.
I think this is a Yellow Warbler.
An early spring arrival is the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.
Here is the nest of a Red-winged Blackbird.
Another bird which is well known,if not always frequently seen,the Snowy Owl.
I show you now a few birds of a different sort.
Again I will not attempt to identify them,as I would surely get it wrong.
I leave you today with a few fall scenes.
All of them were taken in our area.
This is the Pembina Valley,just west of our place.
Any small body of water gives a lovely picture when framed right.
Trees of gold showing their splendor.
This last picture is the town of Morden as seen from the west.
Since this was taken many years ago,it looks very different by now.
One thing which has not changed,is that this town has a lot of trees.
Value the beauty of the changing seasons.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for a peek at all the scenes there, I like the sapsucker and goose and all the pretty leaves, nice to see places that I will never be able to go to and nice to see into the window of your world. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures especially of showing the area where you live, it looks like a nice place. The Snowy Owl picture is very beautiful and what a lucky shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful your autumn colours are. Love your header with extra Californian Poppies!

    Thank you so much Ruth dear for coming to visit my sick bed and holding my hand. Blessings help so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Jake is quite a good photographer!!!! I enjoy all of them, but the carnival ones are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all have so many great pictures for years ago. The slides have turned into excellent photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. Congrats to Jake for taking such great pictures.

    Love the sunset one. I'd love to see a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.. I've never seen one. And that Snowy Owl is so pretty. The airplane pictures and the Fall scenes are also GREAT. Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ruth for posting all these lovely pictures for us to enjoy! Just admiring all those shots and that those slides have been well preserved! Loved that Snowy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth,
    First of all your new fall blog look is wonderful and soooo colorful!! You certainly covered several seasons with all your pixs..lovely scenes, some interesting full scale "gas hawks" as my birder friends call any airplanes..tee he. I love your home town light display from the festival rides and that last shot looks like the town I grew up in...only in Pa! A nice walk, thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures as always. I really like the night shots of the carnival rides. The water framed by the leaves is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures...I love watching and feeding the birds...I try to take pictures but they never turn out as great as yours..enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Carnaval and fireworks pictures are so cool! I find them very artistic. I'm also loving the snowy owl, it looks all cozy in the photo :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful memories that you have put together - love the prairie sunset and the nighttime pictures; also the photo of Morden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos and great memories, what can beat that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing photo! The snowy owl is my favorite. Your header photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth: What a wonderful photo essay of your area of the country, thanks for sharing the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a real wide variety of images! All wonderful. I love the carnival ride shots. I love that snowy owl. It has to be one of the most beautiful birds around...so lucky you get to see them at all! Will show Mike the plane shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many wonderful pictures - but that sapsucker just wowed me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth