Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland

 As we near the end of 2009 I have a few more before Christmas pictures to share.
The following pictures were all taken on December 24 at the Agriculture Research Station just a few blocks from our home.

These ornamental apples are wearing a hat of white.


I like how each branch has a dusting of snow.


I am not sure what these are called,but I liked how they looked.


This is the over all scene in the Research Station.
In front of this row of trees and shrubs are beautiful flower beds in summer.

A close up of this Blue Spruce with the snow.

These dried seed heads were on one of the shrubs.


I guess we'll have to wait a while before we can spread out that tablecloth and have a lunch here.
I might add Jake and I were walking through at least ankle deep snow.
I know that isn't very deep ,but still hard to walk in.


Just another close up of a leaf.


If you look closely,you can see the cabin in the background.
this is the same one which I had in the other picture.
The Research Station is a popular spot in summer,for picnic,family gatherings,
and even weddings.


Here is my version of snow cones.
On December 25 we got more snow and wind,so all of us have been digging out since then.
I guess with the snow it's all in the attitude,we can't change the weather so we make the best of it.

Be exalted,O God,above the heavens.
Psalm 108:5


18 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    These pictures are so pretty! Thanks for sharing them. I love snow, but seldom ever get to see it, so I just enjoy the pictures that other people make! Have a good day and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ruth, I'd feel like I'd died and gone to heaven getting to see that much snow... Sounds like a huge amount to me. When we first moved up here, we had a few nice snows, but the past couple of years, we haven't had much at all. Sigh!!!!

    Beautiful pictures.. I love seeing the cabin with the snow on the evergreens.. Beautiful picture--and yes, you won't be able to picnic there for awhile. ha

    Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures of the snowy Research Station are absolutely beautiful. You (and Jake) have a wonderful eye and I like your attitude toward snow. Thanks for trudging through the snow to get these great pictues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful Ruth. What a grand place for a walk on a winter day.
    We got dumped on with 11" of snow today. More coming tomorrow.
    Have a great Tuesday.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you caught the snow on top of in between and clinging to the different things in nature. Beautiful captures. Blessings to you Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous snow pictures! I was wondering too what those teeny-tiny clusters of seed pods are. Interesting1 You live in a beautiful area, made more exquisite by this dusting of icing sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures, Ruth. I think the close-ups of the berries and leaves are exquisite and I love your "snow cones". It's nice that you have such a pretty place to walk and photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, you DID make the best of it by showcasing the natural elements so beautifully in your photos! Take care and stay warm! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ruth,
    Beautiful captures!
    A blessed Christmas!

    Cheers for the NEW YEAR!
    Regards all.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rith, beautiful pictures of the snow scenes. I love the berry shot, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as usual! I too liked the cabin pictures. Made me think how nice it would be to be set up in a cozy cabin with a warm fire and snow all around, rest and peace and time for meditating on the the year that has passed and seeing God's hand thru out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! Thank you Ruth! My faves are your snow cones and the leaf shot. Looks like a winter wonderland, indeed! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty picture, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos, one and all. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is a winter wonderland. Such a beautiful place.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth: Beautiful captures of your snowy scene. We got 10" yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth