Monday, December 21, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane 20

 This being post number 20 in this series and  since we are almost at the end of another year,
this will be the last post in the series.
I have by no means shown all our slide scans,and will perhaps use them again in other posts.
I remind you again,that these are slide scans and all taken years ago.
Today  we will be all over the country,the Canadian Rockies,parts of the USA,
and in the backyard to see some birds.

Here we are at Bow Falls in the Canadian Rockies.


This is somewhere in the US. the flowers make a perfect frame for these mountains.


This is Lake Louise in Banff National Park,Alberta.


Here is a scene along the trail from Lake Louise to a tea house higher up the mountain.


Here are some other hikers along the same trail.


This small island is one of the most photographed places.It is Spirit Island in Maligne Lake,
in Jasper National Park,Alberta.


Another scene in the Canadian Rockies,this is at Moraine Lake in Banff.


Winter in the Rockies.


This is Steve once again posing for his Dad.


The White Sands in New Mexico.In the picture are my Mom,my Sister and myself.



Another pretty water falls along the road.

This is the unmistakable,Devil's Tower in Wyoming.


Here is a view of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.


A picturesque view of the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.


Back in Canada we see the Athabasca Falls  in Jasper Park,Alberta.


This is the first chance ever for a picture of a Bald eagle.


Blue Jay coming in for a landing.


A Mallard churning up the water.


Baby goslings are so cute.


Many years ago we had a chance to photograph this Northern Cardinal,near Morden.


A male Eastern Bluebird.


The Wood Duck is our most colorful duck.


This was taken at Delta Marsh,Manitoba.
These are all Tree Swallows getting ready for migration.


An American Robin,still here in the winter.


Jake had the chance to feed this Baltimore Oriole.
That was a special moment.



Here we see a Killdeer doing the broken wing act.


We woke up one morning to see the above scene.This was in late May and it seemed
the Orioles had all found our feeding tree.We had as many as 14 at one time.


Here is a Ruby-throated Hummingbird sitting on it's nest.
We watched as the eggs hatched and the mother  feed the babies.



This picture was taken at a friends house west of Morden.

It has been a pleasure to share these slide scans with you.

Be exalted ,O God,above the heavens.
Psalm 108:5


19 comments:

  1. Truly awesome pictures and beautiful country. Thanks for letting me see it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth & Jake, All of these are wonderful photos! I enjoyed the walk down memory lane!
    Merry Christmas to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your walks down memory lane..such wonderful pictures. Great subjects and all the creative ways you capture them..the feeding tree was such a great surprise..such a great idea..your timing for getting that shot was perfect!!
    Loved it.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has just been an excellent series, the last one is great, too. The bird tree with the oranges and the orioles is awesome in it's own way too. Thanks, Ruth for the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos from your trips. lake Louise is on my ist of places I really want to see. And I lvoe that Oriole tree, that is so cool to see all of them there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely beautiful photographs. I can't say which of these beautiful locations is my favorite, but I was impressed with the waterfalls. The Orioles in the tree was very impressive.
    I hope you'll show more of these wonderful pictures at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tire of your gorgeous pictures, Ruth. You and Jake have been to some beautiful places. I hope to see some of them also someday--especially those waterfalls. WOW!!!!!

    Love the hummingbird nest too....

    ALL of them are gorgeous. Thanks SO much.

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these photos of your travels. Such a good post! Really enjoy your blog, and thank you for the Christmas Card you sent me. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God certainly is awesome - as seen in your photos. All the orioles in the tree was so fun to see. What a delightful moment that would have been.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful group of pictures Ruth. I always love going on tour with you. Your bird photos are spectacular! It must be awesome to feed a bird from your hand.
    Merry Christmas to you, Jake and all your family.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos should all be for sale in the various national parks as postcards! They are wonderful! Love the Lake Louise one - we've been there so often over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow...I was thinking how wonderful the scenery shots were and then got to the birds shots...wow! Those orioles in the tree and the hummingbirds and the baby goslings and the bluejay landing and the Tree Swallows! Wow! Thanks for sharing all of these treasures with us! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth these photos that you share are simply gorgeous!
    May you delight in the season of JOY!
    Merry Christmas and a happy healthy New Year to you!
    love and light Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Keep up the good work..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, these photos are ALL so fantastic!

    I would like to pick one or two as favorites (I always try when there are multiple photos in a post like this) but I really just can't. I have been sitting here taking a break from work and looking at your photos for quite a while now and they bring me peace.

    Thank you, as always, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth: What wonderful photos, sorry I'm late dropping by. I had a death in the family and have been a little busy.
    I wish you and your husband a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! What an amazing collection of photographs, I enjoyed each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth dear,
    thank you for being such a staunch friend and coming by to see what I am up to.
    It has been a joy to me to follow your blog as well. I love the Rockies very much and without friends like you, would seldom get the chance to see them again. i was enthralled with your lovely pictures of places I treasure. All our pictures perished in the bushfire and not being able to travel in large planes, there is no hope of me going back and capturing more memories.
    Thank you so much for all the beauty of Jake's and your photos and for sharing them so generously.

    God bless you and your family throughout the coming year.

    Hugs Arija

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth