Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Christmas Day

Here it is already January the 5th and I had hoped to post more regularly.
Life tends to get in the way of our hopes and wishes.
Thinking about what I should post,I decided to step back into 2011 and some some pictures of my Christmas day.

This picture was taken December 24th. Jake's youngest sister has been battling pancreatic cancer for a while,so another sister-in-law got together a group of people and we went to sing carols for this family.We had a great turn-out and were well received by the family.

We were even fortunate enough to have our personal choir director,complete with the appropriate outfit.
On a side note the sweater used to belong to my Dad and is a Yamaha sweater.You see as far as my Dad was concerned there was only one kind of snowmobile and that was a Yamaha.
These two girls are Jake's nieces and I call them my nieces as well.Very precious young ladies they are.

Here we are on Christmas day,and my niece is trying out her Christmas gift,a very nice camera.She was trying to get a good picture of a rabbit who was on the other side of the chain-link fence.
Notice that she is only wearing a light hoodie.The weather has been exceptionally mild this winter.


I spent two nights with Jake's brother and family. I got the privilege of sleeping with the animals.Tim is an avid hunter and has several mounts on the walls.He,however cannot take credit for this buck. Jake shot this one many years ago,before he took up the camera.I had no place to display it and I knew that Tim would cherish it,so here it sits in his house.

This is my friend Duffy.She is very special to me.Some of you may remember seeing pictures of Jake holding this little dog,during some of his final days with us.
Duffy could bring a smile to Jake's face when nothing else could.
Duffy is Tim and Liz's dog,and a bundle of energy.

So that was how I spent Christmas day. I had had Christmas with Steve,Linda and the children on the 23rd.of December,so I was free to join this family and it was fun.

No thought for today,but rather a request for prayer.
Helen,Jake's sister is now hospitalized and very weak.
She and her husband and son need lots of prayer.

26 comments:

  1. i am sorry for your sister-in-law. i am glad, though, that you had some time with the family over the holidays. that pup is such a moppet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad for what your sister-in-law and family are going through. May God give strength for each new day! I'm glad you had a very good time at Christmas and enjoyed sleeping with the animals! That doggie is a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an enjoyable Christmas. The caroling was a wonderful idea. I'll keep Helen and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see all your goings on Ruth and also to see you too busy for blogging.
    Going carolling is such a wonderful way of interacting with your community and I al sire, gave much pleasure to all concerned. So good to see that some old traditions still survive.

    I am sorry to hear of Jake's sister's plight, mine has been battling since her operation in September and now has already had three blood transfusions to restore her platelet count.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your Christmas was very nice spent with family. I'll remember Jake's sister in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, It sounds like you had a lovely day with family--there is nothing better! I will keep all of your family in my thoughts and prayer and hope for the very best. Hugs, Mickie ;) Yes, Picasa and Picnik are such fun to mess around with--you never know how a pic will turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fun and I can see that you all are already getting the next set of photographers ready...a nice gift and a great one as well...
    so sorry about your SIL. Praying for this family. I certainly enjoyed being a part of your Christmas fun!
    hugs Ruth..
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very meaningful and beautiful Christmas day Ruth. I will continue to pray for your sister in law and your family. Duffy looks like a sweetie. How pretty and white she is. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth, Singing of carols was so neat. I'm sure that Jake's sister and family appreciated it...

    So sorry about your sister-in-law. I know it just breaks your heart.. BUT--Jake is saving a place up there on his big cloud for her... God Bless Her --and the family--and YOU.

    Great group of pictures. Glad you spent Christmas with them.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for strength, comfort, courage, and peace for Helen and all who love her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen is in my best thoughts, Ruth.

    Nice that you had this time with family. That dog is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your family have been on my heart and I've wondered how she was doing.

    That little doggie is a bundle of cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a great Christmas with people you love.

    Your husband's deer head reminds me of one that looked similar to yours that my dad shot and had mounted. The first place he hung it, the deer seemed to be watching everyone eat. My mom made him move it. She said she couldn't eat deer with it watching her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry, Ruth, that once again your heart is hurting for a loved one. I pray for you peace and strength. the caroling shot is great, i feel like I am there and Duffy is a doll. looks like you had a good Christmas in spite of the things life has laid at your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  15. trekking your lovely blog!!! thanks for sharing and keep posting! Happy New Year!

    cheers!
    ..TREK..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for Helen and her husband.

    Duffy is so cute...and I just learned that our families are somewhat of rivals. My dad is an Arctic Cat man and works at the plant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry for the sis-in-law's health problem ...difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Christmas!
    Thoughts are with Jake's sister and family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you got to spend Christmas with them. Praying for your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. trekking your blog!!! thanks for sharing and keep posting! Happy New Year!

    cheers!
    ..TREK..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ruth, you are major bless with stable family members.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family and friends. What a very nice thing to do the caroling and I am sure it was greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. great pictures Ruth..thanksfor sharing your Christmas with us. Love the picture of Duffy..we had 2 dogs like that and this really reminds me of them..they could get a smile out of anyone. I will be praying for Jakes sister and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm tickled to see your niece taking photographs. She is probably being inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a nice thing you all did for Jake's sister--singing Christmas carols for her in a big group. Your nieces are adorable. I can see that your niece with the new camera is following in Jake's and your footsteps in photography.

    How unique to sleep in a room surrounded by bucks' heads! I think I might have been a bit alarmed upon waking up in the morning to have all those critters staring at me!

    I can see why Duffy would always bring a smile to Jake's face!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember a photo of Jake and Duffy and can understand why the pup is so special to you. I;m so glad you enjoyed Christmas this year. I hope 2012 is a great year for you and that you take many, many more delightful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth