Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some Of My Favorite Things

I have been feeling a little sentimental,so I went back into the archives for this post.
I decided to show some of Jake's pictures which were initially on slide film and have been scanned into the computer.
Some of you may remember seeing these pictures in previous posts,but consider this as taking another walk through a garden of beauty.


The title of this posts says it all.The flower pictures I have chosen to share are definitely some of my most favourite of Jake' slide scan flowers.
I absolutely love this tulip's shape,and the raindrops just add to the beauty.


Columbines have such a delicate beauty.I think here Jake captured that beauty very well.
The simplicity of this shot bring out the beauty of the flower.
You have to also remember that these pictures were taken many years before the digital age.
I know he owned a Pentax camera  at one time and these were probably taken with that.
I do not remember what kind of lenses he owned.


The sunlight streaming through the flowers is spectacular.
I have always known that Jake had an eye for beautiful pictures and these images certainly prove that.


I love the soft edges on this shot,and no they are not Photoshopped in.
Back in those days you needed to see just how the picture was to turn out before you pressed the shutter button.


I have tried many times to get a good picture of Blue Flax,but have not been very happy with the results.
I can see by this picture that Jake had no problem getting the right shot.The flowers are crisp and the cold is true.


Some more Tulips and again with those beautiful raindrops.
The angle of this shot is lovely. Again I have to say that Jake was an amazing photographer.


I love how he framed those Painted Daisies with the white ones.


And here is my favourite photographer chatting with a friend of ours.
This picture has a lot of memories associated with it.
This was the day we participated in a Bio Blitz. A variety of people with skills in identifying plants,animals and birds were on hand.We spent 12 hours combing a small park in Morden.
Jake and I had been invited to come as photographers,and tried to capture as many images as possible of what we saw.It was a fun day together with the man I love and many other friends.
The lady in this picture passed away just over a month before Jake,so it is a very special shot.

Thanks for allowing me to share  my heart filled with memories.


Thought for today:
Sometimes being strong and moving on is the only choice you have.

38 comments:

  1. these are absolutely spectacular shots! he was a very gifted man. (and he had you...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, These are gorgeous photos! I'm on Pinterest and 'pinned' that first shot - gave credit to Jake as the photographer. It automatically links back to your blog! Are you on Pinterest?? You would enjoy it I'm sure! It's been a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, Jake was an extraordinary photographer--absolutely lovely photos. And, it is even more impressive when you think that he was not using any of the wonderful equipment of today to take those remarkable pics. What great memories you must have had as you looked through the photos and chose these to share with us. A lovely, heartwarming post. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth ..these pictures are breath taking...You are so fortunate to share the love for photography with Jake..and have so many of his pictures passing the love for picture taking down to your grand daughter...keep up the good work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, I'm so glad that you are keeping Jake alive through his excellent photographs. He really was a fabulous photographer --like YOU!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jake definitely had an eye for photography. The pictures are so beautiful and make me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning; thanks for sharing Jake's phenomenal photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all very beautiful memories, and Jake's photos are absolutely fantastic. He was a true artist with a camera (and so are you). Thank you for sharing your memories and his work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful. Every time you do a post like this, it makes me realize all over again what a talent Jake had. I agree with you about the one with the soft edges and also the one with the colored flowers framed by the white ones. Jake had an excellent eye for what made a good photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your thought for the day is true...good thing we are in His hands everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He did have an eye for beauty!!! The first two pictures are all about the shape, I love them!!! And the second two about the light. The rest are just plain beautiful. He could see light, shapes and colors brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Ruth, for taking me down this sentimental path with you. Jake truly was an amazing photographer. The flowers are spectacular. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why these are favorites of yours! Thanks for taking us on this walk through a garden of beauty with Jake. His photography is absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful photos. And your thought for the day is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jake was truly a gifted from God photographer, these are every single one stunning and to think they are not digital blows my mind. thanks for sharing their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just spectacular shots! He did indeed have a great eye and a talent for what makes a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly marvelous pictures! I can see why they hold a special place in your heart.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such beauty captured ~ thank you for continuing to share these with us Ruth. How I long to be able to take pictures like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What breathtaking shots; I love the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ruth, wonderful images that are most special to you! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ruth, You may not know this, but you have 'word verification' active on this blog.... Please check and remove... Thanks so much!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a limp in my throat. I am sure you miss Jake a lot. You are doing a great job doing this post.

    Yopu too have the word verification just like me. I will try to decipher it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bio Blitz: do you ID plants? I love to have many of my plants ID, sometimes it is very difficult to ID them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Ruth - these are so special. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh dear Ruth...My favorite is the red flower with the light and the shadows...gorgeous! indeed they are gorgeous!!
    Hugs to you...Shug

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are stunning.
    Water droplets are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are great shots Ruth. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think all the right words have already been written about these shots, Ruth - I think they're AWEsome, and show the Creator's incredible creativity, and Jake's gift of capturing it.

    I hope you have a peace-full weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are sweet photos and memories, Ruth. It sounds like you and Jake had a wonderful life of sharing together. His photography skills were wonderful. I know you miss him terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH dear Ruth, I love these beautiful photo's but be sure that yours are also always beautiful. My heart feels for you .

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jake was a wonderful photographer! Those flowers are each a think of beauty and he captured their beauty so well. Thanks for re-sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those flower shots are exquisite! Warms my heart! I can see why the last photo meant a lot to you too.

    Hugs!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  33. BONJOUR j'adore vos photos ces couleurs et toutes vos fleurs
    Un grand plaisir

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow...these pictures do speak to us. they are so amazing. Each one is perfect. I see that Canon lens in his hands. I am so glad you shared his photos with us. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You do such awesome work Ruth! These flowers are worthy of any art gallery! It's so much fun to spend time with friends and of course family doing what you love.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jake was a gifted photographer. Each of these photos is stunning and I love the way you put the soft frame around each one, Ruth. These are absolutely gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ruth, these are absolutely gorgeous photos. Your Jake was a fantastic photographer. It must be so comforting to have his beautiful work at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous photos and lovely memories too Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth