Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Bouquet of Flowers

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago.but the beauty of flowers is timeless,so I hope you will enjoy them.


This first picture was taken at St. Vital Park in Winnipeg,for those of you who are familiar with the area.
I was impressed with the beauty of this scene.The yellow flowers were so bright and then to have the soft pastels in the background.I thought it was perfect.

All the rest of the pictures are from a place you will all recognize,at least by name,The English Gardens.I had gone there with a friend and we were a little disappointed to see them watering the gardens. This kind of restricted us as to where we could safely walk.
I spied this plant surrounded by water droplets and thought it was worthy of a picture.


This single Zinnia was wet from the watering and when I saw it on my computer,I thought it almost looked like it was made of glass.Those petals have a lovely shine to them.


In a corner of the garden sits this bench.It would appear as though not many people use it to sit on,so the plants are using it to rest on.


I was struck by the unusual combination of colours in this Zinnia.
I had never seen one like this before,but it sure was pretty in its own peculiar way.


Looking at this Zinnia reminds me that each one of us,no matter how unusual or unique,has been created to show beauty and to bring Glory to God.

28 comments:

  1. the sprinkler one made me happy for some reason. really like the 'glass petals', too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers, Ruth... I too love that last Zinnia... Beautiful combination....

    Thanks for sharing such beauty... Love that glass-looking one too.. Wow!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth..
    Before I even finished reading your post, my thoughts were how unique each flower was. then to read your words (no matter how unusual or unique) I knew that God gave me the same insight that he gave you in this post..
    Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty post Ruth. I love the first one - the flower is standing so straight and tall almost seeming to relish the drops of water. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one is beautiful in its own way; and, as your final comment points out, each is designed to bring glory to God. Beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so cheerful, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your flower photos are beautiful. The picture with the water droplets is fantastic, but I really like your first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not seem a multicoloured zinnia, very pretty and I like what you say about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you see the beauty in everything around you Ruth. Thanks for starting my day with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat photo that bench with the plant overgrowth makes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning photos, all of these, my favorite is the bench and the water drops with the flower. so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent photography, Ruth! Your thought at the end reminded me of the song, 'Everything is Beautiful, in its own Way'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In case you don't know, the flower in the second photo is a cleome. I had blogged a photo of one once but did not know its name and someone told me in a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth, Beautiful pictures! I would love to visit St. Vital Park and the English Gardens some day. Thanks for sharing the wonderful flowers. John

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! The flowers are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they're all perfect! Love the playfulness of the flower dancing in the water - like a child playing in the sprinkler! What an unusual sheen on the zinnia that makes it look like glass! That creeper is definitely reclaiming the bench! The two-tone zinnia is a first for me! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers. I like the first photos best. Love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, wonderful shots! I really like the glass Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the bench shot and that zinnia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ruth, gosh the color in your photos this week is amazing...love the wet zinnia...the background on each is perfect...each one is unique, just like us bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. God's creations are always amazing! Love all the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are stunning, Ruth. It would appear that watering time is pretty good after all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those photos are gorgeous... absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pictures....Gorgeous colors....You brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a wonderful gift for capturing the beauty of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. they are so pretty ruth. there is something about that bench, not sure what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply beautiful shots,Ruth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth