Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Morden's Corn and Apple Festival - Part 2

In part 2 of the Festival posts,I will show some of the street displays.

To start with I show you a favourite piece of equipment. Where would I be without my Bosch?
I firmly believe that the purchase of one of these machines has been one of the best purchases I have ever made.I used to bake a lot of bread and my hands were getting tired,but with this machine,I can bake all I want and only handle the dough to form the loaves or buns.
This display has been a feature on the street for very many years.


Just a few houses down from me lives a friend who turns used seat belts into bags of all shapes and sizes.
U.S.E.D. is their label.It stands for Unlimited Supplies from Everyones Discards.
I encourage you to click on the link and check out their site.She does ship out her bags as well.


This gentleman creates works of art for the yard,using steel.For today I will just show this one picture,but at some future date I will show you some close-ups of this.


Of course what is a festival without lots of food.
These curly fries seemed to be a hit,as I saw many a plate full of them as I walked down the street.
For those who may not have seen them before,it is one potato sliced into these curls and then deep fried.

Another attraction to my home town is the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre.
The museum is also within two blocks of where I live.This was their display at the festival. They were giving tours to the dig site and generally trying to get the word out about this place.


Everyone needs a coffee now and then.Some,like myself need it often and fairly strong.
Coffee Culture is our newest coffee shop. They serve some mighty tasty coffee and other goodies as well.


Another staple of our festival is a huge Farmer's Market. This is showing just one side of the market.Here you can find all kinds of garden produce,home baking,handmade soaps and much more.


If you were to visit Morden during Festival time,this is what you would see looking down our main street. The little lady in the green hat,just over the front of the car,is Bessie.Bessie is famous for he shish kabobs.There is usually a long line-up of people waiting to by some of these.She also has been at that same spot for as long as I can remember.

I was minding the fort for Steve,so that he could go with Kai to get a balloon animal made.They were not aware of me taking this shot.
The red brick building which is in the left corner of the picture,houses the local art gallery.


Another picture from at Steve's booth. This small vender has been set up at this spot for many years. They have become like friends and serve very tasty burgers.
Behind them,looking through the seats you can see the white and blue striped canopy of the main stage.


Are you done already with this festival? I hope not,as I have at least one more post to share with you.
Sure wish you could have all joined me in person and we could have enjoyed the festival that way.

22 comments:

  1. What a great festival, Ruth... I always enjoy seeing all of the vendors at events like that. SO much creativity.. Love the purses made from seat belts.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close to done. I always look forward to what you have to show us. That seat belt idea is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're going to show us Steve's booth, too. I just would have liked to be there, the food looks yummy and the street very interesting. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun looking festival Ruth! And so many great vendors to visit. Thanks for taking us along. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! Putting me in the mood for Fair season in New England!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your pictures from this festival!! I like this sort of thing and wish we had more of them. That's kind of like the Christmas Market we have here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That festival certainly looks like it's worth checking out! I like the various vendors, the sounds of the food, and those seatbelt purses are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Have I mentioned that I LOVE your Header? Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the recycled seat belt bags are amazing and what a wonderful way to recycle things that would fill up our land fills. the festival looks like fun and i would have snapped myself silly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like places like this where the same vendors set up in the same spot year after year. gives a real sense of 'home'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at where people live and what goes on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, this looks like a wonderful festival...so much to see and the colors are beautiful.
    Camera question for you...your photos are always so crisp and clean what is your secret?? ISO setting? any helpful tips in taking sharps shots would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth, Another very interesting post here and it led me to check out the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre on their online web site. This would be a place I would love to visit as it sounds so fascinating. I suppose I knew there were sea monsters at some point long ago but something as big as a T Rex? Mosasaurs ... wow, and we thought sharks were dangerous. Thanks for all the pictures and info. John

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, nice tour!
    Looks like everyone was having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like this festival is very interesting...

    xoxo, Juliana
    [pjhappies.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your town does a festival up way more than our own!! We live in a pretty small town though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed see the sights of the festival in your area. Nice!
    I want a burger and curly fried and a cup of coffee. Oh...and a balloon animal too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a delightful festival! Our big festival is the Midnight Sun Festival at solstice time in June.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a good time. Fun shots.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooohhhh a street fair!! those curly fries are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bags made from old seat belts are beautiful. What a great use of something that would otherwise be simply discarded. When I lived in Ohio, our church sold curly fries at our local festival and I can testify that they were a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth