Thursday, October 18, 2012

RED My Favorite Color

In looking through my recent pictures,I noticed somewhat of a theme. I was seeing red and lots of it.
Now,This did not make me unhappy in the least,as red is my favourite colour.
It is no secret to my family that I am insisting that my next car be a bright red one.
I wear  a lot of red,even when the fashion people would say that I should wear more subdued colours.
Who cares what they say,red,makes me feel happy,so I will wear red.
So,having said all that,when I noticed all the red in the pictures,I knew that I needed to do a post featuring this beautiful colour.


The first picture is from my Sumac tree.This tree is a nuisance,because of it's habit of suckering. It is an endless battle to keep it contained to a small area,but oh my,when fall comes and it shows it's red colour,I love it.When the sun shines on all those red leaves it is prettier than any Christmas tree.


The cherry trees Jake and I planted many years ago,were supposed to give me cherries to make jelly with. Oh,they yield lots of cherries,but the birds get to them before I do.
I guess I could get upset about this,but the birds need to eat too and I can always buy my jelly.
These trees sport beautiful almost burgundy leaves all year.In fall they turn to a rich red.


I have one small shrub in the middle of the yard.I have forgotten it's name,but it also has red leaves all year long.These leaves also turn a brighter red in fall,and sometimes a few will stay on the plant for winter.I love to see those red leaves,each with a cap of snow on them.


Finally,the stars of the yard,the Amur maples.These leaves can be anything from a rich yellow,to orange,or red.I love to see the variety of colours on these trees and sometimes even within one leaf.
In this picture you can see the touches of yellow and even orange,but the red has centre stage.


A final cluster of red Amur Maple leaves.I love how the edges are lighter,thus highlighting the leaf.
The beauty of these trees are that they are right close to the house and a a favourite perch for many of the birds.

Thought for today:
The primary reason for living in this world is to reflect the likeness of Christ.

32 comments:

  1. Ruth, these red leaves are so beautiful!! I like red leaves, too!
    I just love this lovely Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. because texas does not get hardly any red leaves, these are like a feast to my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful red post. This should be a wonderful time for you, the colors are everywhere and a lot of red. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the red leaves are gorgeous, but your thought for the day is right on target and a good thought for every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and meaningful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Amur Maple leaves! I too, like how they etch the outer edge of the leaves. Lovely photos, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well we know God loves red, because look at all his ART... wow, these are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure love my reds....I try to add a splash of red to every room in our home! The leaves are just gorgeous..love this last picture with the speckles of yellow in the leaves..
    The only red leaves we have around here, come from the crepe myrtles...and they don't last long.
    thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Ruth. You've captured the essence of fall in this post. Such a beautiful series of photos of autumn leaves. My favorite is the one of the red leaves, with the golds and oranges blurred behind them. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad a lot of 'red' trees have made their way to Canada. Seems to me - or is my memory selective? - that when we first came to Canada the fall colors were more yellow and brown rather than these brilliant reds we enjoy nowadays! Thanks for your focus on these pops of amazing color on our fall palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are really pretty ruth, gorgeous light!! purple is my favorite color ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such Beautiful Autumn images, each and every one. Such diversity of colors. I love all colors. They all have their place. Red is one of my favorite colors, and it certainly stands out among the others. I love how you captured the sumac's with the back light. Great bokeh also.
    Great post Ruth. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so striking. Wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful. That next to last picture is special with the leaves putting a shadow on the one below it. Good catch...I doubt if I would have noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your red post; this was also my grandmother's favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, This is such a great post. Well, I love red too! :-) When you said that you will wear red because it makes you happy and you really don't care what the fashion folks say ... Well, we are in total agreement there! Since you are a loyal follower of John's Island you will know that I've been on a plan to walk daily the 3 miles around Green Lake in Seattle. And, of course, you know that we get some rain in Seattle from time to time. So, I decided to get me a nice rain coat and guess what color it is ... yes, red. :-) And I don't care what the "fashionistas" say. Thanks for your comments on my blog and have a great weekend. John

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your red pictures are beautiful. I too am a fan of red and I do have a bright red car. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your series on the fall colors, Ruth. The reds and golds of autumn along with the other hues make for one of the most superb shows on earth. That is a stunning shot of the moon in your previous post, also. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful reds Ruth! Love autumn colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I, too, enjoy wearing red! I really like the red Amur Maple leaves--gorgeous! I love your quote at the end about the primary reason for living in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  21. No wonder you like red so much -- these reds are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ruth, you do have alot of red leaves. I love them! We too have so many Sumac, and they all seem to have different color in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love all the red Ruth...great posting...the maples are lovely, such simplicity in your shots but in the simplicity is such a love of nature shining through..truly you are a great photographer. We have sumac trees here too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Like the back light in the first photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh those leaves ...... I just LOVE 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous leaves, Ruth! Is the shrub you cannot remember the name of a ninebark? Looks like it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have the most beautiful reds Ruth. Such great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Our reds are gone here, but they have to be my favorite color of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ruth, it may be aggravating and lots of it, but sumac is beautiful this time of year in our area too. Lovely pictures and thank you for continuing to drop by my place. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Green is my favorite color, but red is an excellent accessory to green. :D All are beautiful. Glad you're enjoying your fall.

    ReplyDelete
  31. If red is your favourite colour, then autumn must be your facourite season. Both look absolutely stunning through your lens. Beautiful photos, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Not much red in our neck of the woods but red is one of my favourite colours ... I have a red kitchen counter and two red throw rugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth