Monday, November 12, 2012

Birds and a Bee

Getting new pictures has not been happening as often as I would like,so back to some earlier shots we go.I just realized that I have reached 300 followers.WOW! I would never have thought this would happen,when I first started blogging.Some of you are new here and some of you have been friends for a long time.I appreciate each one,whether long time friend or new. Thank-you so much for taking a moment of your busy life to visit my place.I hope you come often and that you enjoy what you find here.



A lot of my bird photos are taken right from my deck,as you can see in today's pictures.
I figure that if I can get the birds to come to me,instead of me going to them,that makes my life pretty easy.Put out peanuts and the Blue Jays will come.I don't easily get tired of seeing and photographing the Blue Jays.
Isn't he a handsome fella?



I like to try for action shots and this can give all kinds of interesting results.
I am not sure what he was doing here,perhaps getting ready to take off,but whatever it is,I like to see him suspended in the air.



Another bird I love is the Black-capped Chickadee.No matter how many pictures I already have,I keep on taking more.When they come for a drink at the bird bath,I can usually count on at least one shot.
This one seems to be giving me the look that says,enough already.



It is rare for me to catch the Blue Jay sitting in a tree,but on this day I was lucky enough to get at least one picture like that.I would have liked a little more sunshine on him,but this will have to do for now.



I was getting ready to snap a picture of these Mums,when I noticed the little green wasp on them.
I can't recall ever seeing a green wasp like this,but he adds a nice touch to the flowers.


Thought for today:
Family isn't always blood.
It's the people in your life who want you in theirs;
the ones who accept you for who you are.
The ones who would do anything to see you smile and
who love you no matter what.

27 comments:

  1. I've never seen such a wasp as that! No jays in my area but usually when you do see a jay on the west coast it is a Steller's jay .. campground robber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chickadee is so cute and those are great blue jay shots! You deserve to have 300 followers and more...you take such great photos and are such a nice person....we all love you and your blog! I like your thought for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your number of followers!!! I love your thought for today...so true! We all should post this somewhere to be read each day...
    Hugs Ruth
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet shots. i love the hopping jay. :) the green wasp is certainly different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue jay in the tree with the yellow leaves behind him is just perfect. Love the flowers, too, with or without the green bee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful series of photos! I have never seen a green wasp either--kind of scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, as always, Ruth. Those blue jays are so pretty, but they can be rather bossy at the feeders. It does help to provide peanuts just for them. Someone sent me a picture of a wreath feeder that holds peanuts and it's made out of a slinky. I might try that this winter...if I can also figure out a way to keep the squirrels out of it. Love, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures....I know what you mean about getting the birds to come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy our noisy blue jays too, they always seem to be up to something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, they are lovely Ruth! Nothing better than to have birdies in your yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the Jay with attitude in the one above the flower and that chickadee is a bird i don't see here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photoset of this funny company))) they all looks very nice!
    Have a great day!

    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty wasp! Love the birds and flowers, too, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your Blue Jay action shot. They are very fast when they come down for peanuts. I have plenty of blurry photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen a green wasp before...thanks for sharing. the blue jay is lovely and so are the bright orangey chrisanthemums. The little black-capped chckadee looks like a little contortionist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! The Blue Jay is a beautiful bird but I don't like them as much as some of the other birds. Silly of me, I know, but when I was a kid we had Pecan trees and these birds were a real pest as they stole our Pecans. Guess I should forgive and forget after all this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. big smiles ruth, i know you know how much i love these cuties!!

    it's a pretty mum, i really like the color. i'm not sure i have ever seen a green wasp!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the close up of the blue jay. What a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those blue jays are such rascals and can be very entertaining! Great shots!! I like that sweet little chickadee, "Whaaaat? Are you going to stand there and watch me drink?" ---- I had no idea that in your neck of the woods even the wasps are going green - hahahaha - I know, I'm so funny! LOVE the color of those mums!!! Oooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the thought for the day... I read it on FB I think... excellent...

    Gorgeous close-ups of your birds.. I need to take time to get some more bird photos. Haven't taken in --in a long time... BUT--we have lots of birds coming to our feeders now.

    Love the Mums....
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  21. More great shots....as usual for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on having 300 followers. I'm honored to be counted among them. I really enjoy your bird pictures, and I'm glad you can get them to come to you and get into such interesting poses.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've made some lovely captures on your deck, Ruth. Blue jays have always been a favourite at our place - very colourful and active. Beautiful colour in the mums - including the wasp.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos are always wonderful Ruth. I never tire of blue jays either and, yes, we do lure them into our yard with peanuts. :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful images Ruth...don't get much time to look...but always enjoy them so much when I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are stunning shots, Ruth. Love the Jay. He and the Chickadee are among my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on 300! Always love your bird photos, especially with the fall colored background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth