Friday, February 22, 2013

iPhone Pictures

I take quite a few pictures with my phone,but most of them stay on my phone,until now.
It is time to share some of them.Keep in mind that they do not have the quality of a DSLR camera,but are decent.


Let's take a look back into summer.This is in front of my deck during the summer.I like how it looked.


Well,this is how it looks right now.No pretty flowers,but a heavy layer of snow.Actually since this picture was taken,more snow has fallen.I have no place to push the snow off the deck. It's hard to believe that in about two months or so,I should be out there planting flowers.


As some of you know,I enjoy playing with my pictures. I recently found another free app,Brush FX.
This was a simple picture  I added the sparkles and the touch of colour with this app.


This frosty picture was taken on my school bus. The windows on the sides of the bus have lots of frost on them,especially on those super cold days.When the kids keep their hands off the windows,I am able to get some good pictures.

 After grocery shopping yesterday,I washed the fruit I had bought.Having a colander filled with fruit meant that the phone had to come out for a picture. The fruit reflected in the stainless steel colander gave a nice added effect.


Thought for Today:
There is a child in each of us that delights in nature,and delights to share that moment with others.

25 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the fruit photo! and the bevy of beautiful flowers. and the ice, too! very nice!

Ginny said...

I don't know how you do these amazing frost shots, Ruth!! Your flowers are beautiful, I love the few bright blue ones among the others.

Shug said...

Hi Ruth....I'm loving your new camers. These are really some great photos...I'm gonna check out that app. Stay warm

Hilary said...

The camera on the iphones are mighty impressive. Combine that with your skills and the results are marvelous.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Ruth, Gorgeous photos... I love the one you enhanced with sparkles...

The iPhone really does a good job. I'm impressed...

YES---the child certainly does pop out of me!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy
I got your email gadget. Thanks.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Ruth, Gorgeous photos... I love the one you enhanced with sparkles...

The iPhone really does a good job. I'm impressed...

YES---the child certainly does pop out of me!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy
I got your email gadget. Thanks.

Dorothy said...

Love your pictures! Quite a contrast in the first two! What kind of app lets you add the sparkles? Yummy looking fruit!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wonderful, colorful photos. They inspire me.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

These are wonderful! The frosty glass is stunning. It looks like a piece of art. Your fresh fruit is awesome too. The phone cameras have gotten so good now that p&s's are no longer necessary. Love that app. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

i have really liked all your frost photos, so does this mean you took all of them with your phone? the macro on them is gorgeous. maybe someone needs to recycle old iphones into just a camera...

Kerri said...

These are great Ruth! LOVE that Summer vs Winter look .... I'm excited that Spring is just around the corner!

Muffy's Marks said...

Love the frost photo, but it looks really cold. I'm going to have to try that photoshop, Love the sparkles!!!

Linda said...

You're getting some amazing photos with your iphone. It was a treat to see your summer flowers in the midst of our dreary winter. You're a master at those frost photos. This one is another masterpiece.

Janice K said...

I have really enjoyed the beauty of the frost pictures you have taken. So amazing--certainly nothing we could create.

Debbie said...

what a contrast between summer and winter!!!

Diane said...

Quite a contrast alongside your deck. I always love your frost pictures, too, Ruth. Thank you for your kindness. Diane

John's Island said...

Hi Ruth, What a perfect quote on today's post. I think you have just hit on the reason many of us love to blog. Your photos today are fascinating, as always. What beautiful summer flowers and then all the snow ... it's hard to believe, isn't it? :-) I smiled looking at that second photo ... is that one of those snow movers stuck in the snow? :-) You have some excellent results in the pictures from your phone and I like the way you are experimenting with the apps and sharing the outcome with us. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. John

Naturegirl said...

Ruth: GREAT photos from your phone!
Mother Nature does her artwork once again of frosty window! Great capture. Blessing to you dear one.
xo Anna

Pat said...

I love the design of the frost on your school bus window. It's really pretty. And your colander of fruit and reflections of the fruit is stunning.

Karin said...

Wow, that is one shiny colander!! What a gorgeous bowl of fruit - yum! I love the frost on the windows! And what a difference between summer and winter - both a lovely photos though!

George said...

I think these iPhone pictures are marvelous. While your deck looks beautiful with that snow around, I personally prefer the flowers.

EG CameraGirl said...

Super quote, Ruth, and so true! Cell phone photos are quite amazing, I think.

Cicero Sings said...

Crazy how that white stuff goes fast when it starts to go.

Lisa Gordon said...

Your frosty photos are wonderful!
I just love my iPhone.

S. Etole said...

That frost image is fascinating in its intricacy. Looking forward to the snow melting so I can see my deck again, too.