Monday, February 11, 2013

Playing With Macro

With the lack of exciting photo opportunities in the outside world,I am playing with Macro photography. I find that when the birds return I tend to not take the time to play with macro shooting,but now that is a good diversion,while I wait for spring and the return of the birds.




Some time ago one of my blogging friends sent me 5 crystals from an old chandelier.
I love having crystals in my window,because then when the sun shines I have rainbows all over my walls.Thanks Anita for sharing these.
I have taken some pictures before,but have had fun recently trying to capture some special macro images.


Here is another picture.The different angles just look interesting to me.


While I've got the macro setting going,I also captured some of the beautiful ice crystals on my window.
All these swirls and leaf like forms are so pretty.This almost makes the windows worth keeping,even though they need to be replaced.

Here is just another frost picture.I saw these as I was at the sink,washing my dishes.I guess doing dishes isn't all that bad after all. Actually I don't really mind doing dishes.


Since I had Strawberries in the house,why not use them as photo subjects.
I have to admit that these berries look a lot better than they tasted.
I have not edited these,except to crop the picture a little.


From my "365 Simple Acts of Kindness" calendar:
Be Kind Today
Think before you act.

27 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

You are making wonderful use of your winter down time, Ruth. Beautiful photos!

Dorothy said...

Wonderful pictures with your macro lens. I really like those lacy, frosted windows!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Crystals do make wonderful rainbows.

Macro photography is such a thrill and your photos are great. I love those frost pictures. Really amazing and so intricately beautiful!

Love and hugs to you and have a lovely Valentine's day.

FlowerLady

Debbie said...

lovely dish washing eye candy!!

this time of year, the strawberries only "look" good!!

Ginny said...

I love the first picture of the crystal!! And the frost patterns...I have NEVER seen anything like them, they are amazing!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

The ice formations on the window is super cool! So artistic. I am still staring at them as I type this because I'm so smitten with the intricate designs they created.

TexWisGirl said...

the frost on the windows is like an etched glass plate. beautiful!

Linda said...

The crystals are beautiful, and I know just what you mean about the rainbows. The photos of the frost on the windows are just exquisite.

Linda said...

Greetings from Montreal, Canada, Ruth. Lovely photos! I especially love the strawberries. Your header is gorgeous!

Lois Evensen said...

What beautiful ice patterns. And, those strawberries look too perfect to be real. :)

Karen said...

Ruth, amazing pictures. I love the frost one the best!

Diane said...

A whole world awaits - inside. The frost pictures are just beautiful. Diane

Elaine said...

Gorgeous frost patterns! Although lovely to look at, if your windows need to be replaced I'd do it. I say that from the perspective of looking at ever-increasing oil bills in the wintertime. That is painful!

Karin said...

Since I was a kid I've been intrigued by the amazing frost patterns on windows. Love these photos Ruth. And you're right about strawberries at present looking prettier than they are tasty! My prayer for today is, "Lord help me be kind today!" Sometimes I'd like to get away from it all before I lose all kind thoughts about some folks who are terribly frustrating and annoying! Good reminder of what the fruit of the Spirit is!

Sandra said...

macro is my most favorite of all photo taking. if i could have only one it would be that. the ice crystals are amazing and i like the first man made crystal. now i wish i had one to play with. yesterday I saw a blog where she shot through wine glasses and got some cool macro. just another idea for when the birds are not with you

Montanagirl said...

Nice job on the macros. The ice crystals always form such beautiful patterns.

Robin Lamb said...

Ruth, great macros! The ice on the windows always fascinated me! I always wondered how the patterns developed like they do. Never the same twice!

Happyone said...

Wow, those strawberries look perfect. I'd like to pop one in my mouth. : )

Anita Johnson said...

These are beautiful! My hose is filled with rainbows today too!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ruth: Neat macro shots. those strawberries certainly look good enough to eat.

Mary said...

I bet the crystals are really pretty in the sunlight. Love the ice crystals! Would like to eat those berries.

S. Etole said...

Dropping by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Hi Ruth, love the swirls of ice on the window...I wonder which camera you are using for this macro. The pictures are so interesting. Hope you are having a great Valentines Day Ruth. cheers.

Betty Manousos said...

great job, ruth!
they came out beautifully!

gorgeous macro's.

have a great weekend~

Willard said...

You truly have an eye for capturing objects of beauty. I especially love the photos of the ice crystals.

Neal said...

You really have an eye for photography.

Hilary said...

These are lovely, Ruth. There are many great photo opportunities everywhere we look. You've found some beauties.