Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blessings!

Give,and it shall be given to you:good measure,pressed down,shaken together,
and running over will be put into your bosom.
For with the same measure that you use,it will be measured back to you.
Luke 6:38


This verse came to my mind last weekend at Canada's Gospel Music Celebration in Red Deer,Alberta.
I have not given much,if anything to the groups who were performing but God used them to bless me to overflowing.
Here are a few poor quality pictures from that event. All were taken with my iPhone,so not the best quality.

This was the first thing I saw as the bus pulled up.My heart was beating fast with excitement.I would finally be able to attend this event.


Here are two of my traveling companions,relaxing between shows. I was on a Fehr-Way Tours,bus with 27 others,so many new friendships were made.


The show has begun. I have no words to describe how excited I was.The whole event,3 days was filled with the Spirit of God. Many tears were shed,but they came from a heart overflowing with love for my Lord.I felt the blessings washing over me throughout the three days.


These guys are the best!I just had to have one picture with them,to prove I was really there.
Trey,Gus,Matt,Howie and Scott know how to sing,but also know how to minister off the stage.


As with all things,it had to come to an end. I was almost sad to turn that bus east and head for home,but at the same time,since the concerts were over,I was ready to see Steve and Kai again.
This was the view from the front of the bus,and no,I was not the driver. Heading home with a heart overflowing with blessings.I still have to smile when I recall the events of this past weekend.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

31 comments:

  1. Blessings indeed Ruth. I am glad to hear you had such a warm and wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a perfect three days. I'm so glad you found such a blessing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to join the others for the trip and that you had such a blessed time. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to go to that Gospel Music Celebration, Ruth. I can 'feel' your joy and excitement in your words. The photos are wonderful. May God continue to bless you.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have really charmed them to get this picture! It is so good, and a wonderful memory too. So glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds as though you were truly heart-blessed. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sitting here smiling from reading your post and seeing your photos. I'm glad you had such a great time and were blessed so much.

    Also glad you made it back home.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a blessing for you to be there and receive so much joy.. glad you got to go on that tour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a great time and worshipful experience! Singing and listening to singing is a wonderful way to praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hymn singing and songs of praise are a great way to worship our God, and I can see you were very uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, glad everything was perfect for you and you were able to attend this event!
    I have missed you while you were gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so wonderful for you ruth!!

    you lookin' good with those boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A place that you can really be blessed. Glad you were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! Your trip sounds wonderful -- full of music, fellowship and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful that you had such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful time you had Ruth, full of spirit. Love your photo with all the nice men.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three days of inspirational music? WOW! I'm glad you had such a great time, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad you had such a good time and photo with them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear how much you enjoyed the show. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time and that you received such a sweet anointing. We used to go to lots of these singings, but we don't have many around here anymore. I do think that you have been adopted by these guys.. Great pictures....
    hugs
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful experience you had, Ruth. It sounds like the music and teaching filled you with joy and peace, the joy and peace that comes from God.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ruth, It really is a blessing the way you share the joy you felt while attending this event. I sure enjoy your blog and thanks so much for your kind comments on mine. Have a great week ahead! John

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's obvious you were blessed beyond measure....So glad you got to go and experience God's love being shared by song.....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am glad that you enjoyed the show. I know the feeling from the days that I went to a lot of concerts and played in a band, although it was nothing of the level of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great to see so many of God's family together enjoying fellowship and praising Him. Glad you were able to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So fun to read as your joyful, happy heart shines through. Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been away for a bit and am enjoying catching up with your posts...I would have loved this trip...the flowers alone would have been worth the trip to me...the scenery along the way, a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This must have been a really wonderful event. I'm glad you got to go and be blessed by all the music and praise! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth