Friday, August 23, 2013

From Sunset to Playtime

I am always on the hunt for a beautiful sunset picture. Some evenings the sky is gorgeous and some evenings not so much.
I think I was fortunate to be out on this particular evening,a week or so ago.
There were just enough clouds to make a beautiful sunset.



As I was driving away from the sunset,I noticed that the sky was still quite lovely,so I pulled over to get another picture. What shocked me was to see the Space Shuttle low in my Manitoba sky.
Do you see it?


While washing dishes one day,I noticed a rainbow in the eastern sky.I love rainbows,but from my yard I can never see much of them. I quickly made the decision that the dishes would wait and grabbed my camera and headed down the street to an open lot.Yes,I believe I made the right choice,for not only did I see one rainbow,but two.


My sister,Becky and I each have one granddaughter and the girls,being only six months apart in age,love playing together. The four of us were spending the day together and the girl were getting a little bored. They wanted to play a game that involved water and sponges,so we allowed them to do this.
As Becky and I were watching the game ended very quickly but they decided that the tree and a bird house would benefit from a good washing. Clean fun,yes,they got a little wet,but it was only water and dried soon enough.By the way,Kai,my granddaughter, is in the black tights  and Becky's granddaughter Addy is in the skirt.


No I have not gotten a dog,but I do love this little pooch.Duffy is very special to me and I might add to the family who owns her. You see,Duffy was the one who could get a real,from the heart smile,out of Jake during his last few weeks on earth.I think she is adorable,especially in this pose.She is being held by her favourite person,Claire.


Now I am off to celebrate the Corn and Apple Festival in my home town.
It is supposed to be very hot,so my time downtown may be limited.
Have a great weekend and stay cool.

27 comments:

  1. precious pup, have fun at the festival and YES i see the shuttle, amazing sky in the firs tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute little pup. and fun that you have grandgirls almost the same age! i love the space shuttle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and that little puppy is just the cutest. So much fun to see how kids entertain themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunset and the rainbow too. Yes, I do see the shuttle.
    What a cute dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, Hard to pick a favorite in this post ... they are all great. How about that Space Shuttle ... neat!!! And we both love sunrises and sunsets! Great shot! Have a good weekend! John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots, Ruth. Yes, I remember Duffy and that picture you posted of Jake and her. What a sweet little dog. I couldn't see the space shuttle. I DID find a bunch of spots on my monitor, though. Where is it? Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of sunset skies, family, and a sweet canine.

    Hope you had a good time at the festival.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so pretty...but I absolutely love the one of the two girls. It looks like a Norman Rockwell painting...only better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos... I love sunsets especially when there are clouds around.. SO dramatic!!!! AND--we get some good sky pictures AFTER sunset... Fun!!!!

    Bet the girls had a good time together...

    Enjoy your festival. Does Steve have a booth this year?

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sky shots are amazing.... WOW WOW and then WOW again. But Duffy... oh those eyes are just so sweet. I understand the compassion of a dog. They can really bring out the emotions you did not think you could muster regardless of being so depressed, or very sick. They are amazing animals. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see the Space Shuttle - nice. That pup is really sweet, and so are the little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post reminded me of the song from "The Sound of Music"--My Favorite Things. They are definitely all "keepers."

    Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth...Fun times that make lovely memories, especially when Grandchildren are involved!!
    Love you rainbow shot. and I bet those dishes where right there waiting for you lol!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very impressed that you captured the Space Shuttle in one of your photos. I also love that beautiful sunset. I hope you enjoyed the festival and are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The kids are so sweet and that pooch is just adorable. I am glad you made the wise decision to let the dishes wait. Rainbows rarely do wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful skies, kids, and pup, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastische Impressionen...

    Herzlichst aus der Schweiz, Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  18. It certainly looks like God painted some beautiful skies for you including the space shuttle.....
    Precious dog....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love clicking sunsets & sunrises too..the space shuttle cloud is so cool!!

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i always wonder why there are so many festivals during the real heat of summer. spring and fall have much better temperatures for being outside!!

    i hope you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Each one of these photos is delightful in its own way--the golden sunset, the space shuttle cloud formation, the lovely rainbow, the cute girls washing the tree and birdhouse...having so much fun, and finally the adorable Duffy. I can understand why he is so special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome sunset Ruth - I never tire of them. And great capture of the rainbow, and the 'space shuttle'. I too remember Duffy bringing much joy to Jake. Enjoy your time at the festival - I'm sure you'll share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lucky the cousins are to be so close in age!

    Duffy looks like such a sweetie! I'm always on the lookout for pretty sunsets too but for some reason there don't seem to be that many this year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely sky photos, and the photo of Kai and Addy is precious. It's wonderful that they live close enough to play together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful images Ruth! It's so fun to have a playmate :)
    LOVE those skies too!! That double rainbow is a WOWZER!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the rainbow...perfect! The girls are cute and look like they are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful sunset.
    The dog looks like my dog, I think the same kind is.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth