Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Jewels of Nature

Everyone loves jewels and I am no different.The only difference is that I often see jewels I love when I am outside enjoying nature.
Will you come with on a quick walk around my yard,so I can show you some of my jewels? The best part is that these jewels are absolutely free for my enjoyment.


As I watch the rains come down,I am already planning on stepping outside as soon as it stops raining.
No,I don't like to go out during a rain,because I don't like to get my cameras wet.
The rain has stopped,so let's step into some old shoes and check out the yard.
The first stop is the evergreens bordering my yard on both sides.
I love seeing the droplets clinging to each needle.


I tried different angles to catch what little light there was right after the rain.
The bokeh is quite pretty in this picture,in fact almost as nice as the actual rain covered pine needles.


This one caught my eyes,not so much for the foreground as for the background bokeh.
I love how the droplets in the background shimmer.


A simple white Hollyhock bows beneath the weight of the raindrops on her delicate petals.
Such simplicity,yet such amazing beauty.


One last stop before we head back indoors. A small Oak tree has come up voluntarily,or perhaps was planted by a squirrel.Whatever the case,I like where it is and I enjoy watching it grow.
It is now about 4 feet tall and has lovely large leaves on it.Today these leaves are decorated with natures best jewels,raindrops.

Thanks for joining me as we check my yard for beauty. I hope we can do it again,I enjoyed your company.

Thought for Today:
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.

30 comments:

  1. Raindrops do look like jewels in your photos. The quotation is one I should store up and remember when tempted to complain about the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous photos, Ruth! Love the raindrops, and your thought for today. Beauty is all around us (Thanks to God!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful! the best kind of sparkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing show of great photos. I love the rain on the blooms. I have just about forgotten what rain looks like here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain drop jewel/sparkles really are lovely! We've had a little rain the last little bit ... very little ... we sure could use a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raindrops evoke fabulous memories - of my kids - 3 of our own and 3 foster kids - outside dancing on the grass! When the shower came on those hot summer days, they slipped into their bathing suits and made a beeline for outside! Those warm summer rains are so refreshing - the air is cleaner!! Love it! Oh, to be a kid again and be singing in the rain or have raindrops keep falling on my head! LOVE your jewels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last two pine needle pictures. The bokeh, and the droplets shimmer, and are so beautiful! It is always so much fun to photograph flowers right after a rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth... Lovely photo's of your free jewels!!
    Enjoy your company to Ruth!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful post, Ruth. You've captured the raindrops and the beauty of nature so well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisite jewels! I like this kind much better than diamonds or rubies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so refreshing. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kind of jewels! Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ruth, wow!!

    these are all fine art photos!
    how talented you are, my friend!

    fantastic shots!!

    happy wednesday!

    big hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. that gorgeous white Holly hock is my favorite, and right behind it in a really close second is the bokeh jewels.. they do indeed look like jewels. after a rain i stand in amazement looking up through our two really tall pines, the needles just look like diamonds in the sky..as do yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed my walk and my feet didn't even get wet. Thanks for the tour.

    Going to steal your thought for today and use on my FB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your kind of jewels better than the costly ones. :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely jeweled photos Ruth.

    Thank you for sharing. The pictures look 'cool' temperature wise. It is very hot and steamy here, no jewel drops just drops of perspiration.

    Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, I love your jewels! A wonderful series of shots!
    I like taking them too!
    Believe it or not but we haven't had any rain this summer. One brief shower that lasted for about an hour but that's it. Over 40 rain free days. We broke a record for July for Most Sun and No rain! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They ARE beautiful jewels!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. For sure, your yard is full of jewels and you did a beautiful job at capturing each one...I love the raindrops on everything...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your Nature "Jewels". They are worthy of being framed and hung on our walls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Ruth Wonderful drops of liquid diamonds falling on God's nature. What a wonder, what a blessing. Within each diamond (droplet of water) there is another story and deeper image. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Reminds me of Matthew 5:44-45 ... and who are we to judge which is which. Wonderful images Ruth - love the light you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  24. such beautiful images and i LOVE the thought for today!!

    i am going to write that one in my book!! i adore the changes in weather and storms excite me!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You make a rainy day look like fun. We are in a bit of a dry spell and its cold here too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoy natures jewels also...I need to remember the thought of no bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Exceptional. The water droplets really set the photos off.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So I can wear many jewels if I stay in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth