Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Reason to Rejoice

Fall is upon us and the temperatures are getting cooler. The flowers are almost done for another season,but I still have some to share with you.
This is the beauty of photography,seasons change but we have pictures of all seasons to remember and to share.
If you are wondering about the title,I think that we always have something for which to rejoice.


These Petunias were blooming on my deck most of the summer.I like picking brightly coloured flowers for my planters.By now these have been pulled out and deposed of,but the memories last with the picture.


I was at The English Gardens earlier this month and was busy taking pictures of this sunflower. I liked the way the sunlight shone through the petals,but had not noticed the little bee until I got the pictures on the computer.I love getting little surprises like this.


This Ruby-throated Hummingbird landed on this same branch over and over again,giving me ample opportunities for pictures.She seemed to be posing for me and some other photographers.


The Water Lily pond is also a good place to find frogs. They like to catch  few warm rays of sunshine on the leaves.


Much closer to home,actually just west of Morden,at Lake Minniwasta,I was able to catch the last of the setting sun.


Thought for Today:
Every season has a reason to rejoice.

23 comments:

  1. the little hummingbird and happy frogs brought a smile to my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared some of those reasons well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors of the petunias, OH MY how gorgeous and the light bleeding through the sunflower oh my again. but the Frogs I LOVE LOVE LOVE... wish i could see them and your are right, all of these photos are cause for rejoicing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet surprise, happens to me all the time!!

    i like the curly pedals on the sunflower and the cute little frog couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so true Ruth!! and your images are amazing! Those colors just make my heart skip a beat....and not one but two frogs - what a TREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. You are right, there is beauty in every season. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the one with the two little frogs. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of the frogs on the water lilies is magical! So colorful and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to have these great shots to bring out and remember when the flowers are no longer blooming....and yes we do have much to rejoice with a new season upon us and I look forward to all the beautiful shots you will share with us as you are out and about exploring God's beauty.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures dear Ruth. So much of joy can be felt . May it remain so :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so much beauty! The frogs are so cute, and pretty at the same time, they are a treat to see. Their pattern competing with the pattern of the lily pads, fabulous! But then there's MORE! The petunias are my next favorite, they just pop right off the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your frogs are delightful Ruth. So nice to look back on the wonders of summer when the colder months come along.
    Thank you for checking up on me in the troubled times. I'm getting on with life again after having it on hold for at least the last 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful pictures!
    Three frogs in the water lily pond looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your pics... Especially frogs one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree that every season has a reason to rejoice. ;) While it's a bit sad to see one season pass, it's exciting to see the next one come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. dear ruth,

    what a spectacular!
    i always love visiting you because i know i am going to find something beautiful.

    have a blessed weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, what wonderful shots! I really like the Sunflower and the Hummer, and the frogs, and the others as well. Heck, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am rejoicing in your beautiful photos! My favorite has to be the frogs on the lily pads. Such a special, unique photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the frogs on the waterlillies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, colourful photos, Ruth. My fave is the one with the lily pads. And also a great series from your Sunday drive - the church really stands out against that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ruth... I can't believe that the summer is over, but I am still watering my deck plants and no frost yet!!
    Yesterday I got a chance to put on shorts and walk in my bare feet for maybe the last time this year!! It is 70 though right now sooo...!!
    Those million bells plants are my favorites : ))!!
    Cute little hummer, and they have left here as of the end of last
    week :( !!
    The shot of the frogs is a great one
    frogs always make me smile!!

    Have a blessed Sunday!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Every season does have a chance to rejoice and you have the pictures to prove it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth