Monday, September 16, 2013

Bright Flowers

The past week has been filled with wonderful music and rich blessings. The only thing better would have been to be there in person,but since that was not possible,the live streaming video was great.
Now it is back to everyday life and time to share some pictures with you all.

 The following pictures were all taken in early September on one of my many visits to The English Gardens in Winnipeg.

This simple Zinnia really is showy against a blurred background. I was using my 100-400mm lens for these shots and that gives a lovely blurred background to the pictures.


I may not be good at growing roses,but I sure do enjoy them.I have MANY pictures of roses in all colours,but will readily stop to get just one more shot. I think this one has a bug hiding at the base of the bud.


The Waterlilies are exceptionally loverly this year. Some years they have so many tiny insects on them,which detracts from the beauty.


This dark Daylily is gorgeous.I sure wish I could have one like that growing in my garden.
But wait,that would mean I have to water it and pull the weeds,now I get to enjoy it and not do any of the work. That works for me.


I am not quite sure what kind of flower this is,but it looks to be some sort of Butterfly Weed. I really like the coloration in each flower head.


The thought for today is a recipe:
Blend kindness,love and patience.
Sift in a generous amount of faith.
You will have a no fail recipe for life.

31 comments:

  1. Each flower has its own special beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful shots. i thought the 2nd was perfect - then i saw the 3rd. wow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful shots. i thought the 2nd was perfect - then i saw the 3rd. wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that recipe.. and the flowers are amazing, the colors so brilliant, they look like i could pick them up and put them in a vase

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to enjoy all of the concerts via TV..... I'm sure you were blessed.

    Love the flowers especially that rose bud (aren't you surprised? ha) ---and the water lily.... Beautiful!!!!! ALL of them.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous....deep, rich colors...
    such beauty all around....
    Great photos Ruth.
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your photos are outstanding today, and looking for a favorite, I can find NONE because I love them all. Bugs have a good way of hiding don't they? I would have missed this one if not directed to him. The two lilies are GORGEOUS, both deep red and the lavender water. And the last one I have no idea what it is either, but it is bound to make anyone smile, I sure did when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are perfectly beautiful!!! I am in awe of the perfection of these shots! Wow! Can you tell I love them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, you have the same lens as me! Gorgeous flowers, especially that water lily! If anyone can identify that last flower I'd love to know. There's one at the botanical garden that the monarchs seem to love. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just eye-popping beautiful! You do such a great job with your photos. My faves are the first and third.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each and every flower photo is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ruth ~ These photos are fabulous! The colors are so vibrant. I feel such an amateur, but that doesn't stop me from clicking away.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great, Ruth. It looks as if there's a little damselfly on that first one. The water lily and the butterfly weed are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flowers, Ruth! I love that Daylily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful, Ruth! Great recipe too, one everyone should follow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers! Beautiful Pictures! I like the little bee on top of the zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these photos are magnificent. I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to. You get beautiful pictures with your big lens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are stunning close-ups, Ruth, and I love the blurred background. It really makes the blossoms stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth, gorgeous shots! That Day Lily is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh these are just lovely ruth, but the purple daylily really took my breath away!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Ruth I am glad I didn't have to make a choise becasue they are all beautiful flowers adn your have shot adn edited them wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your flower photos are just stunning, Ruth. That water lily is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, gorgeous sights. You do such an excellent job on your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful and vibrant pictures. Love the colors!

    Great to have found your blog Ruth :)

    Pallavi
    Palulife.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really beautiful photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the flower photos. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth