Sunday, September 1, 2013

FInding Beauty

Well folks,September is upon us.This means cooler weather should be just around the corner.
I enjoy the cooler days and nights of fall and the beautiful fall colours.
Today I do not have fall colours just yet,but pictures which were taken two weeks ago.
My sister and I were out driving around just to see what we could find. I chose to take a seldom used road,one mostly used by farmers to get from one field to another. I am glad I took this road,just look at the beauty we found.

At the side of the road I saw these berries. The evening light made them look extra special.


Around here,we know that fall is right around the corner when the wild Tansy starts to bloom.
I thought this bunch was pretty,nestled in among the grasses.


I knew we had a creek to cross,but also was fairly certain that the crossing was an easy one.I had not been through here in a long time,but found that a new culvert had been installed and it was a perfect road,at least perfect for a back country road.
You all know I love reflections and when I saw this I had to stop and get some pictures.


No,I would not be satisfied with just one shot.Even though this is a small pool of creek water,the reflections are so pretty.I may have to go back,once the trees start changing colour.


Looking to the sky,I noticed the moon.Since it was still not dark outside,I could get a decent shot of it.

I hope you enjoyed riding with Becky and me as we checked out some back roads near our town.


Thought for Today:
One act of kindness may teach more about the love of God than many sermons.

The picture in the header and my new profile picture are ones that Steve took when we had a photo shoot at Livingston Park.

27 comments:

  1. i love the yellow buttons of tansy. :) pretty stream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even before I saw your final comment, I knew that the header photo was one that Steve shot that day. It's a beauty, and perfect for your header. This is a beautiful set of images, too. Those berries, kissed by the afternoon sun, are especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the trip with you and your friend. I love the shot of the berries. Take care and have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoyed my wandering with you. we will have no cool weather until Dec...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ARE beautiful, Ruth. Especially love the colors on the berries. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed going on this walk with you, and your new photo and banner are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderful shots and final statement!

    ALOHA,
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth...

    I love September and Fall. In the Spring season we have newness of life with all the gorgeous flowers, but in the Fall....we too get to see God's wonderful goodness wrapped around us. Your pictures are so clear and good.
    The photo of you on FB is Beautiful.
    I think I have that same lens. I'm not really camera savvy, so I'm not real sure what the black thing on the end is for. I see other people around here using that as well. I guess I need a lesson on using my camera and lens.
    Have a great tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots from your out-of-the-way trip - especially the first one. And a lot of truth in the thought for today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures Ruth, yes September brings autumn weather with it.
    Here in the Netherlands it is not yet ready, here it is still warm summer weather.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you so much Ruth for this little back road trip. I enjoyed it very much, especially the creek with reflections.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow in the grasses is so pretty. Love that moonshot too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very much enjoy traveling down little-used roads. It's amazing what treasures you can find there, as your photos prove!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, lovely shots! Great reflections! I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Ruth! and that "thought for today" really says it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So good to be out a wandering ... good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found some pretty pictures driving around. Love the moon shot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can always find interesting things driving through the countryside. I love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice creek. Those grasses will look lovely in the wintertime too. I like driving on old country roads instead of the interstate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous ruth.....and you look stunning in red!!

    i love random acts of kindness, done without the expectation of credit or thanks!! i have done many in my lifetime and the self reward has been huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You clearly have no trouble finding beauty.. or is it that it finds you? Either way, we're the lucky ones for it. Thanks for always sharing your world. Lovely pics and a fine new header.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love taking those seldom used roads! You got some gorgeous photos from your drive! Our cooler weather is definitely here, with more and more yellow leaves. Yesterday we got a bit of wind and now there's a bunch of leaves on the lawn. Not a sight I'm ready for, but I'd better get my mind wrapped around it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been away for a bit, glad to catch up with your blog again. We are seeing changes in our landscape too, I like the subtle changes in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ruth: Your captures are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed your photo trip into the back country. It is good to see the first hints of autumn in the photographs. We have a good cool morning here today, which reminds one of fall and some of the trees are showing a bit of color, but it will be a month yet until there is a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice shots...you always do a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth