Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Moon and Country Roads.

A few weeks ago the moon was just rising on the eastern horizon and I went out to try my hand at getting some images of it.
I did get some which I thought were good enough,but what also caught my eye was a huge thunderhead to the north of me.The setting sun cast a lovely light on these towering clouds.



And now for at least one moon shot. I actually took my tripod out and was able to get a picture which is not blurred. Looking at this my mind goes back to days of lunar landings. It is hard to comprehend that someone actually walked on this moon. Sorry,just letting my mind wander for a bit.


Coming back down to earth,there is lots of beauty here as well.
I went for a drive one day and found this railroad trestle. I say I found it,because even though I had been here before,I had no idea where it was.I don't watch the roads well enough when I am a passenger in a vehicle,but I did find this.This is quite the photographic spot,at least I like it.


 Moving in for a closer look. I plan on checking this spot out again real soon,in hopes of some fall colour.

Driving down this road into an area which I am not all that familiar with,was an adventure,but,I'm going back. I liked the scenery and with the leaves changing colours now,it should be extra pretty.


I enjoy taking country roads and seeing just where they will take me.I'll be thinking of you as I travel these roads again soon. Pictures will follow,I'm sure. Let's get together here again,real soon.

26 comments:

  1. I enjoyed taking this journey with you, Ruth! I hope you do go back to that old wooden bridge to get fall color. It's beautiful now, but the colors of autumn would be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do like that trestle! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to find new scenic spots to photograph. Looks like you found a lovely place. Beautiful images of moon and storm clouds! I really like the subtle lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful "looking up" images!!

    looks like you found a special place to take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exploring country roads can yield such rich treasure. Enjoyed this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous moon photo... AND--I love your drive in the country. YES---please go back when the leaves change. That will be incredibly beautiful...

    Love the first sky photo --with the clouds!!!! Beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ruth ~ Your photos were all great! Subject matter, colors, just wonderful. I look forward to seeing the trestle again with fall foliage.

    Thanks for the mini vacation.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will be here when you call again and again and again. i like the last two, the next to last close up is beautiful... i am thinking that road will be gorgeous when the leaves turn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love riding down country roads because you never know what you're going to find. You certainly found some special places and I look forward to seeing these spots when fall is in full bloom......This was a fun ride with you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo of the moon is wonderful, but I really like the thunderhead in your first picture. I look forward to more great picture from your back roads adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the moon shot!!!
    I'd love to be walking down those roads. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best of sights and scenes are provided by nature. Yours are a fine example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful trip full of adventures! I do that too - I just don't always bring my camera. The area to the south of Edmonton is constantly changing and new developments with HUGE HUGE houses being built. I went down a couple of roads where I had to make a u-turn at the end - just didn't lead anywhere! I would hate to be stuck here sometime though! Be careful my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the backroads too. We go on them quite a bit. That thunder cloud is awesome and nice work on the moonshot!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth... I grew up on a dirt road in the country, and it still is today!!
    Love it!!
    This looks like a place with lots of potential for great shot, which we have had a taste of today!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth, beautiful pictures of the clouds and the moon.
    The scenery is also very beautiful.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Ruth I enhoye coming with you on this journey.Loved the pink clouds, the full Moon and the bridgeabove my head. great shots

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, lovely images! I've been down many a gravel road like that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love road trips..and the wonderful clicks i get to take on such trips..your photography is very nice!! especially the cloud and moon shots!!

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures and I love how you weave text in between the captures. I am first time visitor here and I really enjoyed my trip with you. Thank you for taking me along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great travel shots Ruth. I do likewise - just go out for a drive off the beaten path and see where it takes me. Nice moon shot.

    Loved the brilliant colours of your flowers below !

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love country roads too, Ruth. Train trestles made of wood are becoming quite scarce, at least here in central Ontario. When I see one I like to stop and take a photo just like you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you took notes as to where this road and trestle are because I'll be looking forward to the next installment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great shot of the moon Ruth. I love the old country backroads. Such pretty scenary and look forward to when they have fall colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful series of photographs, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth