Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Morden Park and Memories

About 2 weeks ago I decided to go for a walk in our local parks.It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I was hoping to find some amazing fall pictures. Let's just say that I was a little disappointed,because the colours were not that great,but it was nice to be outside in the fresh air.


I started out at Livingstone Park and enjoyed a quiet and peaceful walk.I did meet a couple of people but still I mostly felt like I was alone in the bush.


As I walked along,I heard a Robin chirping.It took a little while to find him,but when I did I could get some decent pictures in a natural setting.


I headed over to our other park,known as The Morden Park. There was more colour here,but my heart was instantly very heavy as I pulled in here.
You see I had forgotten,until that moment that this was the last place that Jake had his camera with him.
It was also much the same time of year as three years ago.He never took any pictures,because he was already waiting for that Heavenly home.


I forced myself to walk around for a short while.As I look at the pictures now,I can see that it was actually very pretty,but I didn't see it that day.Maybe I should have left immediately,but then I would not have gotten these shots.


The grass was covered with a carpet of golden leaves.If I recall correctly,it looked much the same way three years ago.The big difference was that I still had my Sweetie with me then and now I am alone.


Yes,in part I am alone,but I do know that my God is always with me and He gives me moment by moment strength to go on.

Thanks for allowing me to share this special time with you my friends.

20 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful, Ruth. We don't really see color change until November and December, but I have seen a few trees changing. It looks like a nice place. So sorry about Jake and your sorrow. My brother died on Oct 18 five years ago and each year the sunflowers blooming on the roadside during October remind me of him. The last time I sat with him (he died from leukemia) on his patio, looking at the Confederate Roses, he told me he was just tired and ready to go home. He went home to be with The Lord a week later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why you had a heavy heart when you visited Morden Park. But I think you can now look at the pictures you got and appreciate the beauty you captured because Jake was walking there with you. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, Ruth... I would be the exact same way if I lost George. Don't know how I would make it --but somehow, life goes on. The good news is that you can keep Jake alive by taking the walks and remembering the good times you had with him.

    Your photos are marvelous --and I'm sure that Jake was right there with you in spirit...

    Lots of HUGS,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very sad trip and memory. But you did capture some real beauties. The next to last picture is my favorite. Such brilliant greens and yellows that they seem lit from within.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos and precious memories!

    Blessings,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos dear Ruth. I'm sorry that you felt your deep loss so keenly there at the park, but God blessed you with these lovely photos of his creation that you were able to capture.

    God's love and strength does keep us going, and the love of our husband's is with us always too.

    Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors Ruth!
    and That Robin is just Gorgeous!
    Sending you ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you and I think you di the right thing to stay and remember good times, and you did see with your inner eye because you captured the colors without seeing them, which is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth - what a beautiful post in Jake's memory! So glad you decided to stay and take these beautiful photos. I can just imagine you and Jake walking on that carpet of leaves in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very touching, ruth. melancholy but you still saw the beauty around you and cared to share it. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked the first image of the leaf-strewn path. Those taken in Morden Park are beautiful, in spite of the pain in your heart when you were there.

    Every "first" after the loss of a loved one is hard. Perhaps, now that this first is behind you, future visits to Morden Park will be less painful and might even become enjoyable again over time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful captures Ruth and thanks for sharing a special part of you with us. Our loved ones are always with us , if not in flesh then in spirit . May you have a blessed week .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, I had no idea...walking back through here must've been bittersweet. You took some beautiful shots of a very special place. God bless as you recall memories of your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe I understand what you are saying. October holds some of my most precious and also saddest memories in my life--my wedding, the birth of two of our children, but also the death of my son and also living through the last days of my mother's life. I love the Fall and all it's beautiful colors, but the sadness just comes over you sometimes....but, "God is Good--All the Time."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, wonderful shots! I hope soon you will be able to go to the park and remember all the wonderful times without the heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sad place for you, especially at this time of year. Both the Lord and Jake were especially close to you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thinking of you in your remembrances.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ruth, hugs to you my friend. What a beautiful spot. I'm glad you had the courage to stay and take pictures, and embrace the memories and the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth--Speaking from personal experience the "first" for whatever happening after the passing of your life partner is especially hard but to go on in life and heal it is a very important milestone. Lost my life partner a year ago, same cause as your dear Jake.I follow all your new posts but rarely comment. Your photos always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oohhhh Ruth, I really am holding back tears as I know I could not do what you are doing!!

    You are so brave, I hope jake can see you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth