Saturday, October 19, 2013

Nature's Diamonds

As fall is under way and winter is sure to follow,I thought it would be appropriate to share some beauty I have found recently.


The lake west of Morden,is not all that large but I do like going there,because I am assured of finding beauty.

On my last visit there,I was looking for fall colours and did find some,but I found beauty that had nothing to do with fall colours.The sun was shining brightly and scattering diamonds across the water.


The gentle colours of fall add to the beauty seen on the water.I always  feel like someone has taken a hand full of diamonds and tossed them on the water.


In this picture the focus is a little more on the foliage,but take note of the sparkles on the water.


You knew that I would have to zoom in for a closer look.I like diamonds like this.They are free to all who will take the time to stop and look.My response to these is to give thanks to my God for giving these to me.


I found out recently that even a dirty and sometimes stinky marsh can be gorgeous.I guess I always knew this,but this picture really shows that beauty. As the sun was setting at the Kaleida Marsh,it painted a silvery path across the water.The sun itself is one large diamond in the sky.

Canadians have just celebrated Thanksgiving and my friends in the USA will do so in a few weeks.
I believe that each day should be Thanksgiving day,after all,we have so much to give thanks for,that one day is not enough time.With that in mind,I give you the thought for today:

Happiness is waking up and beginning each day
by counting our blessings and kneeling to pray.

27 comments:

  1. the sparkles are beautiful. that last shot is simply gorgeous. thank you for sharing it, ruth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The close up is like stars that have rained down on you.
    I too like to hold on to the sparkle, either on the water on just a drop of dew. Wonderful shots dear Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine and diamonds. Beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruth, the last picture so gorgeous!! And the one before it...it looks like stars in the water to me! When you said you would look for your name as a winner, you didn't know how right you were. You have won my purse!!!! I am so happy for you Ruth! Please send me your address, I hope to mail it Monday. And please let me now when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a calm placid lake. The rays transform the water into sparkling diamonds. How beautiful! Such lovely pictures Ruth, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fall colors and diamonds on the water are all lovely, but the marsh photo is a knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the diamonds that appear in the water to. and they also appear after the rain in the needles of our pine tree, i have tried so many times to capture what i see, but it doesn't happen. your last photo is spectacular and amazing and beautiful. that silver path is mind boggling... the sun/son changes everything it touches... and today i am thankful for eyes to see the beauty you showed us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos dear Ruth and wonderful words to inspire and grow from.

    I especially like your ending quote.

    Have a lovely week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are very beautiful Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful and meaningful post...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, those elusive diamonds are our gifts from the Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your diamonds, Ruth.. Seeing the sun's reflections is just so wonderful. God is GOOD....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This photos are simply wonderful -- you've done a great job of capturing God's glorious creation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post, Ruth! Just really like the diamonds in the water. That last photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Ruth Congratulation on winning the purse. This post is wonderful. What more could a girl want than naturaal diamonds and sunshine sprinkled with fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So THAT'S where the snow diamonds go before winter! Beautiful Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your picture of Kaleida Marsh is amazing and I too love the diamonds God gives us freely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruth, gorgeous shots! You captured the diamonds perfectly! I always like the sparkle on the water like that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, they are indeed diamonds. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic photos Ruth. I wish we got that kind of color in SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  21. God shows us His love in so many ways everyday and I believe He was embracing you with all these dancing diamonds on the water....Such beautiful shots, Ruth...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delightful to find all those beautiful diamonds! The photo of the marsh is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happiness brings joy to others and this is exactly what you give each day. I am thankful for your friendship, for your beautiful photos, and for the joy you share..
    have a blessed day Ruth...
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always think of diamonds too whenever I see sparkly water. These photos are so, so beautiful and filled with God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morden is very beautiful this time of year, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WoW, they are all so pretty but that last one is so special!!

    your fall is beautiful and i know from last year that your winters are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth