Friday, November 22, 2013

Give Thanks

I am a Canadian and so our official Thanksgiving day is past,but that is no reason to stop giving thanks.I have been reminded today by a few other posts about being thankful for little things.
I find myself wondering if indeed the so-called little things are really all that little.I want to share a few images which cause me to be thankful.

I love birds and this Mourning Dove seemed to be thankful for some warm sunshine.He/she looks comfy and at rest here.I was thankful for the opportunity to capture this image.


I absolutely love the Black-capped Chickadee.These little bundles of energy always seem cheerful and I can learn from them.If I,like the Chickadee,sang more and complained less my world would be a brighter place.I thank God for creating the Chickadee. This one is taking a drink from a bird bath on my deck railing.


Early in fall as I was sitting and enjoying the sunshine on the deck,I noticed the top leaves of the Amur tinged in a beautiful shade of red.It may not be much colour but I am thankful for even small patches of beauty.


The lake just west of my hometown is not large by most standards,but I can usually find beauty there.
The day I took this the water was sparkling,thanks to the sunshine.I still feel warm and happy when I look at this picture.Thank-you for the sunshine and the sparkles on the water.


As I was trying to capture the sparkles,my lens was not perfectly focus and I saw the patterns this gave. I suppose this is called Bokeh. Usually we want our pictures to be perfectly focused,but I liked how this looked,out of focus but in my eyes,pretty.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and today I see beauty in the birds,the leaves and even in an out of focus image.

27 comments:

  1. I agree, none of these fit in the category of small things. so beautiful and that dove is so touching and pretty. I do notice that sunshine is what makes all this beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it all. and your love of the beauty around you comes through loud and clear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the beauty that you see, and I'm thankful. I'm thankful that you are my 'sister of the heart' and that I get to enjoy your blog! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an uplifting post, Ruth! There is so much beauty around us, and we often take it for granted. And just think...what we see here are only shadows of what we'll see there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorites here are the sweet dove looking back, and the little chickadee. But the unfocused one is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth....We all have so much to be thankful for. Your thankfulness touches my heart. Your love for nature and all of our little feathered friends is well appreciated. you see, I get to enjoy all of the gorgeous photos that you post...
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth, wonderful images! I'm thankful for all those reasons too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for good friends who remind us that we have so much for which we should be thankful. I'm thankful for these wonderful pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, your post is so like my evening prayers. There is just so much to be thankful for that my heart is always full to bursting but luckily it is sensible enough to just overflow with all the wonders we are so generously shown.
    Have a happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing all the beauty with us - through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do indeed think that the small things are the big things. : ) You have captured lots a beauty in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific images, Ruth. Chickadees are such friendly little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post, Ruth! I, too, love the sparkles in the water and lovely bokeh image. Great shot of the chickadee with that smooth, creamy background. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much of beauty in this post .. I absulutely love all the pictures and your descriptions. Do much to be thankful for :) have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Ruth. There is always m7uch to be thankful for. These are such pretty pictures. I love the little mourning dove. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. always giving thanks as we are people who appreciate our lives, past and present. you and i appreciate the gifts we have been given and don't take for granted the beauty around us!!

    your images are beautiful ruth, every one. have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have such creative posts. I am thankful that I am able to share in what you see through the "eye of your camera."

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Ruth I love this post adn hohw you love nature as I so adn can express it though your photos. Woman more than men appreciate the 'little thingsl in life more (my opinion only) adn I am glad of that. Thanks you for sharing these beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sparkles are really drawing you in!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely images, Ruth. I am grateful for the beauty you find, capture and share.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Ruth! Yes I would agree it is the small graces in our everyday lives which soothes our soul. The key is to recognize these graces and you have from what you have captured on film!
    Thank you for welcoming me back to Bloglandia! hugs and blessings
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is so beauty to enjoy. I am truly thankful. Beautiful post and photos, Ruth. I love the pretty little chickadees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your positive attitude is refreshing, Ruth. I think people who are happy for little things are the happiest people of all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely shots- Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super amazing!! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth