Friday, November 8, 2013

Leaves

In looking for pictures to share today,I noticed all the leaves I had gotten images of.
I began to think of how each leaf represents a part of my life.

Some days I feel like a plain old brown Oak leaf,not much to look at and left to go unnoticed on the ground.


Many a day I feel like my life is filled with holes.Broken pieces that are no more a part of my life.
Still I see beauty in this leaf.I trust that God still sees beauty in my life as well.


Some days are a little brighter. I may feel more like a sunshine yellow leaf.
Can I still praise God even when the wind has knocked me to the ground? I pray that my life will bring glory to Him.


Many a day I feel like the last leaf on the tree,just barely holding on.Still I know that God has a reason for me to be right where I am

As unbelievable as it may seem,some days I feel like a beautiful leaf which glows with joy found deep within.


A promise given to me by God about three years ago now is found in Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

These words were true then and I have found them to be just as true today. 
God is my strength.

25 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful, as are your words. In fact, this post is one of the best sermons I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this post, Ruth... It is AWESOME... We certainly do look like leaves at times (joyful, sunny, full of holes, hanging on, etc.).... What a creative post. I loved it.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is just beautiful, and so are your words and photos. I watched the Billy Graham special last night on Fox, and it really got to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, this is a heartfelt post with a beautiful analogy. I think you are a beautiful leaf that showers others with God's love...Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, dear Ruth ~ This was wonderful, just wonderful. Thank you.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruth.....this post has touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was especially meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. truly poignant, ruth. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful, Ruth, the words and the photos and I to have been all of those leaves at one time or another. thanks for the scripture, i read it out loud to myself...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! This very morning I just read and commented on Isa 43:2 in a devotional little booklet that I am writing for my daughter. I hope to have it finished by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! Great analogy!!
    And the words so true!!
    An inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was very inspiring and creative. Bright leaves of fall are energizing while I just never thought about the brown ones much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, this is such an awesome post! The analogy of the leaves in all their different stages is just perfect. Most days I feel like the dried up one barely hanging on, but cherish the days I feel like the last one. Beautiful images, regardless of their state.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, lovely shots and lovely thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favorite post....the words are so lovely, so true....and the photos are outstanding...
    I am Blessed each time I stop by to visit...
    hugs Ruth..
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, Ruth. Makes me think of leaves a bit differently! The verses in Isaiah, it hit me reading them that he says WHEN not IF. Thanks for reminding me of His promise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your words are even more beautiful than the photos...and that is saying a lot! Thanks for sharing this. I hope you have lots of those bright days when you feel very loved by God.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you related the different leaves to the different aspects of your life....that's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post, Ruth. And beautifully illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post Ruth . We all can relate to the leaves above. I hope that you are always the red maple leaf and have joy sorround you everywhere you go :)

    Have a lovely week my dear. Big hug for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!! I'm going to share the link to this one on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ruth, this is a beautiful testimony in pictures! God's promises never fade or shrivel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely collection of leaves. Now the trees will rest to come back to us in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That last image has the perfect combination of fall colors.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth