Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stepping Back Into Summer

My cameras have been on holidays recently.Well,at least that's what it feels like.
There just is not that much that inspires me to pick up a camera.
No worries,I have hundreds upon hundred of pictures which have never made into the public view.
I might add that many of them never will be seen publicly,for various reasons.


 Join me as I step back into a summer garden. The garden we will be in is one that I have taken you to often,The English Gardens,in Winnipeg.
The roses are always pretty.I like the soft colours of this one.


Zinnias come in a variety of colours and forms.Usually I am drawn to the double flowering kind,but I really like this simple flower.


Of course, a visit to the English Gardens is not complete without a stop at the Water Lily Pond.
This one is especially vibrant.


Along the pathway I found this beautiful Hydrangea. The sunshine on this flowerhead makes it really light up.


Last but not least is this little gem.I was walking along,when this Ruby-throated Hummingbird perched almost right above me.She proceeded to preen and then stretch her wings.The angle is not perfect,but I still like the pose.


We have had a very mild fall,with only a few days of freezing temperatures.Today it felt balmy,but the weatherman is promising that it won't last.
While we wait for the snow to blanket the ground,we will enjoy each milder day we get.
I hope you enjoyed this walk through the garden to observe the beauty of God's creation.
Thanks for joining me.

25 comments:

  1. i don't mind you reaching back into your backlog for these. :) love the little pixie at the end, but i think my favorite is the water lily. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh Ruth, how could you have not shared these before now! They are all just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have very cold weather here in Tennessee now (the high barely got above freezing today), so I appreciate your step back into summer. Your photos (and the flowers and hummingbird) are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us on the tour, all the flowers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking photos, Ruth. It is really cold here in NC today and they warmed me up a bit! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these beautiful flowers. Nothing I enjoy more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ENjoyed your pretty flowers! We had a 'killing' frost last night, so no more flowers here for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty sight when we already have snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh--what a nice trip back into summer. I always love your photos and can't believe that the seasons ALL pass by so quickly these days.

    Great photos… I love that waterlily...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images, Ruth! You can step back into summer any time. I really love the color of the lily and the rose is just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved taking a walk with you through your summer garden Ruth :) the soft colors of the rose and the vibrant color of the water lily are just spell binding ! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again dear Ruth you have shared God's beauteous creation through your wonderful photographs.

    Thank you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, thank you for sharing. My flowers have been done for since September! This post brightened my day. The Hummer is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The subtle colors of the rose in the first picture, followed by the vibrant color of the zinnia...both are beautiful. The water lily shot is fabulous, the reflection doubling the beauty. And any shot of a hummer is a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the water lily. Great photography!! On days like this, it sure helps to see such gorgeous flowers.
    Cloudy skies here with temps in the 60's.
    Stay warm!!
    hugs,
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zinnias have become one of my favorite flowers. I didn't realize the variety and colors until I started visiting the arboretum. And the skippers and some butterflies love them. Your water lily shot is so beautiful and vibrant; doubly so because of the reflection. Great job on all, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That red zinnia is my favorite. Wow what a pretty color. Red is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pictures are exceptionally good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth, thanks for the shot of colour! I needed it. We are into the rainy season blahs!
    My camera has been quite too!
    The weatherman says we could see some cold and snow this weekend too! I hope he's wrong. He usually is!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The little hummingbird is so precious, Ruth. Love the flowers, too. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I LOVE your step back into summer! It's been cold here - 19F one morning ...... Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i for one do not care if the photo is new or from archives,beauty is beauty and these are wonderful. love that water lily lots... i am not using my camera and have only blogged 2 times in a week... hope to get back on schedule soon

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are some beautiful reminders of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's a little more than a skin of ice on the lake, here. It feels great to be re-submerged into summer. Beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful flowers, and beautifully captured.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth