Monday, November 4, 2013

The Colors of Sunset

Those of you who follow me on Facebook,already know that I went for a drive yesterday,
November 3,so this is not news to you.
I left town,not expecting to see much of anything,because it was very overcast and the light was fading fast. When I left town,I glanced towards the west and thought that the sunset might be OK.
I found a spot from which to shoot and waited,as the sun was setting.
I was not prepared for the beauty which I saw.The clouds parted just enough to give a spectacular sunset.

I was thrilled that I had not stayed at home.

After taking many shots at this location,I started towards home.When I had a chance to once again look west,I realized that the beauty was not over,so I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and took a few more pictures.

This was looking almost due north,but I liked how the clouds were lit up.


Turning more toward the west,the clouds were a beautiful shade of pink to mauve.After  not taking pictures,except with my phone for too long,I was thrilled to be able to witness such beauty.

Here are two pictures taken around the middle of October.
This first one is in the Pembina Valley,but at a different location from where I usually go.
We have a lot of Oak trees and often they are not very pretty in fall,but I think this picture shows that even the Oak can be beautiful.


As I was driving along some back country roads,I saw this stand of Birch trees.The brilliant blue sky,white tree trunks and the golden leaves,combined to make a very pleasing sight.

Thanks for joining me on a drive around the countryside near Morden.

I am currently in a ladies Bible study,where we are going through some of the Psalms.
I want to share with you  one verse.

The Lord protects you;the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
Psalm 121:5 ( Holman Christian Standard translation)

25 comments:

  1. What great beauty you show Ruth and the Psalm was a good reminder too. I love oaks any time of year and when part of their leaves have fallen you can see their structure all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skies are magnificent - each one different but so beautiful! and i love the oak trees. they don't turn brilliant colors, but their gnarly limbs showing as they bare... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am glad you took a Sunday drive and captured all of this beauty. The sunset was definitely spectacular, but all of your autumn pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, The sunset and sky photos are FANTASTIC…. I would have sat there watching that sky --and probably just CRIED with emotion… God provides us with so much beauty, doesn't he?

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! What a wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it find to be surrounded by beauty?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the first and third sunset shots are wonderful. Love the fall colors, too. It was a profitable road trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, you sound so much like me! These are spectacular photos. Sunsets or sunrises) never fail to mesmerize me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It always amazes me how fast the sunsets change. It was worth it for you to take a drive. Beautiful captures. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Ruth, I think God painted the sky just to make you happy and to remind you how much He loves you and is always with you....

    What a beautiful show on your Sunday ride...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth.... Gorgeous sunset, and like you I have seen some wonderful skies in the opposite direction of the setting sun! Pink and puffy clouds!!

    These all all wonderful photos, but the oaks photo is stunning !!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, those gorgeous yellow birches!!!!! I did not know they ever even looked like this!!!! Truly stunning. And I also love your first picture of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous skies, and the foliage: what can I say? Those Birch trees are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Ruth.....these are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful color....just for us to enjoy! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly beautiful images. I'm glad you didn't stay home. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a ride you took, so much beauty to see, the golden sky in the first one is amazing.. and the golden trees. wow... you found the jackpot on your ride.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunset it spectacular. Looks like the sky is on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful pixs love the colors....lovely!!!thanks for your comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Ruth 2 words - Awesome captures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful colors, both in the sunset and the leaves. You caught the birch trees at their best. They always seem to glow against a bright blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful, colorful, wonderful surprises!!

    the new header is such a treat, i really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Breathtaking images, Ruth! Viewing these lovely photographs certainly brightened my day, as its been a dreary, drizzly, gray day here in Chicago. The oak tree shot has such great depth and beauty. All are a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do love autumn! You have captured the spirit beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful sunset and fall colors, Ruth. I enjoyed the photos very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth