Thursday, December 12, 2013

Frost and Flowers

Frost and flowers do not belong together,but for this post they do.I hope you are not getting tired of seeing the frost on my windows.I think it is beautiful and quite frankly,there is not much else to take pictures of right now.

This is a frost covered window and no,it is not in my house.This is one of the side windows on the school bus.I had the bus at home a couple of days and the frost on the windows really caught my attention.It seemed that each window had a slightly different pattern on it.

Just so you get an idea of what I was seeing,here is a picture taken with my iPhone,while standing beside the dining room table.This is one reason I don't want the bus at my house to often.I really prefer to see something other than just the bus. The picture above was taken before little hands had left their marks all over the windows.


I must also show a couple of pictures of the frost on my house windows.The delicate swirls are just too pretty to ignore.


I took note of this one small patch of frost,away from the others,yet so lovely. It is simply amazing how the frost forms into these tiny designs.


I did mention that I had flowers as well. Here is another picture of the arrangement sent to me by my neighbours.I am so richly blessed to have wonderful neighbours on either ride of me.


My Facebook friends have already seen the Amaryllis flowers I have,but I wanted to share them here as well.I have two different bulbs.This one has three flower spikes and the two which have opened,each have four large flowers.One of the flowers measured 6 ½ " across. I am now waiting for the other bulb to show it's flowers.


From the intricate designs of the frost to the beauty of the flowers,our God designs them all.

25 comments:

  1. I think God gives you prettier frost than he does me! :)The third image is stunningly beautiful. Only the Master Artist could have created it. The flowers are lovely, too. It's truly a blessing to have good neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frost flowers transport me back 70 years to my Latvian childhood. I was always in awe examining the various ferns and flowers they presented and that feeling has never left me. I still wish I were somewhere where i could watch them growing on the window panes.
    I well understand you would prefer to look out at your snow covered yard rather than at the side of the bus, even if the windows are covered with icy flora.:).
    So nice to see that you have such kind neighbours.
    My mother always said, as you call into the forest, so it echoes back. I bet they like you too for a neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say my favorites are the wonderful delicate frost patterns. It really does look like the calligraphy of God. How sweet the tiny hand prints on the bus window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frost images are stunningly beautiful dear Ruth. Its so difficult to believe that such artistic and perfect patterns are formed natural. God does make the most beautiful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning dear Ruth ~ I love those frost photos. It's amazing how beautiful and delicate they are.

    Your flowers are really lovely, bringing you joy during your white winter.

    Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... like those swirls are really delicate.
    Like that last picture showing all the details of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have not seen frost in over 30 years, which was before digital cameras. without you photos i would never have known that the bus windows and your windows have all that detailed ART hidden from our natural eye... these are amazing... so glad you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely post, Ruth. Frost is just amazing. And your flowers are beautiful. Really brightened my day to visit your blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet of your neighbors to send flowers. :) i love the frost swirls - the most amazing etched crystal patterns one could ever design.

    and i was always one of those kids having to press their fingers and hands into the bus windows on frosted days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your frost pictures. And the picture of your school bus brought back to my memory all those cold, cold mornings on the school bus and the frosty windows. Definitely God's artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those frost designs are so artistic, as though from an artist's hand. Wow. Please keep posting; this is my favorite series from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Frost and flowers go very well together, especially when they both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth. as far as I know there are not 2ice crystals the same. Isn't.God Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the frost etchings! And the flower gift is just beautiful...nice neighbors!
    Stay warm and safe and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think this all fits together perfectly!!

    love that frost and ice, special flowers and beautiful images!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, gorgeous images! I was always fascinated with the frost on the windows! Like snowflakes, none of them are the same!
    I do so love the Amaryllis! This one is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous, Ruth. That third image looks like a frosty white bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so pretty Ruth. I, too, am amazed at the incredible beauty of the frost flowers.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. The frost patterns are so intriguing and intricate. It's always good to see flowers in December.

    ReplyDelete
  20. good morning, ruth!
    these are all simply gorgeous!

    wish you a blessed weekend!
    may you have a merry holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your frosty windows, Ruth. I took photos of similar frost yesterday (on my unheated sun room windows, not a school bus) and am posting them tomorrow. The Amaryllis blossom is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always turn out the most interesting and great shots. I would have never thought of taking the frost. You did a super job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Master-pieces in ice - just beautiful. Love that amaryllis (and hope I get another for Christmas).

    Gorgeous shots, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I remember putting hand prints on the school bus window! Thanks for the reminder :)
    Lovely photographs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth