Saturday, December 28, 2013

Remembering 2013

For this last post in 2013 I decided to go back and pick some of my favourite pictures from each month of the year.


For January I chose a sunset picture,taken on a cold winter day.Snow was drifting across the fields,but the image was still very pleasing.
February is an early morning scene on my yard.Looking out and seeing the morning sun painting the snow a wonderful shade of gold is a good way to start the day.
March,and a Hairy Woodpecker is enjoying the food at the window feeder.


April is the time for Raptor migration at the Pembina Valley.The highlight was the day I got this picture of a Peregrine Falcon.
May brought another bird highlight for me when I was able to capture this image of a Common Loon,just west of Morden.
June brings out the flowers and the apple blossoms are always a thrill to capture.

July showers leave the pine needles decorated with tiny jewels.
In August I was able to photograph the old railroad trestle once again.
September evenings are pleasant and a great time to capture the full moon.
July had another highlight which I will feature on it's own.


By the time October rolls around the leaves are turning into beautiful shades of gold.
November means winter has come and seeing an American Goldfinch is a special treat.
December and Christmas come together and this year my neighbours sent me this beautiful Christmas arrangement.


Now for the highlight of my year.
A Fehr-Way Tour to Red Deer,Alberta to attend Canada's Gospel Music Celebration.
This had been a dream for a long time.I knew I would enjoy the music,but I was not prepared for the out-pouring of God's blessing during that week.
The bus ride and the care of the tour people was amazing.
The atmosphere at the venue was electric,but meeting some of my favourite groups was the best.
The quartet in the lower right corner are called Tribute.They are a fairly young group but will go far,I'm sure.
The centre picture was no doubt the best moment,as I could get my picture taken with my favourite guys,Legacy Five.

Did I mention that I am already planning on taking the same tour in July?
I can hardly wait.
Happy New Year to all my friends in Blogland.

26 comments:

Shug said...

Legacy Five....Wonderful!!
Well....there's not A favorite in these photos.. They ALL are my favs!
Beautiful...

Stay warm...and dry.
shug

George said...

What a marvelous way to summarize the year. Your photos are all marvelous. Thank you for sharing your year with us.

Kim @ Stuff could... said...

These photos capture the beauty of the year really good....so glad you enjoyed the tour. Nice you plan to go back

TexWisGirl said...

i love the july photo. just peaceful beauty.

Arija said...

I love it that you are planning to go on the same tour next year. We all need to do things that give us pleasure.
A lovely selection of the best of the best Ruth. and I wish you the best of the best for the coming year as well!

Betsy Adams said...

Blogger lost my comment…. Grrrrr… Anyhow--I basically said that I loved this idea and may 'steal' it if I have time. It's my Genealogy study time --and that takes up SO much of my time.

Love your photos. Thanks for sharing. The years are flying by it seems.

Hugs,
Betsy

Hilary said...

You have some wonderful photos and memories for the year, Ruth. Looking forward to seeing what you'll have to share in 2014. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Debby Ray said...

So many beautiful photos...the snow was so pretty! I got my hubby and myself a bird feed which is hanging just a few feet from the window so I am hoping to catch a few snaps of some feathered friends too. I haven't given up on the idea of snow yet either :) Happy New Year!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love your photos, Ruth. Great presentation! I've been thinking of doing something like this if I can find the time to get it done. This year is marching to a close so quickly. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Super choices and a fun review of some of the wonderful photos you took this year. I wish you all the best in 2014, Ruth!

Kerri Farley said...

You chose lovely images for your stroll through 2013!! So glad you get to go again in July!!!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

You most definitely chose some terrific images for each month. Of course, being an avid birder, I especially enjoyed your falcon, woodpecker, loon and finch images.

As cold and damp as it is this morning, the apple blossom photo was so refreshing and the sweet odor, I can almost smell with my imagination.

Great idea for the last post of the year!!

Gail Dixon said...

What a great Idea to post a favorite photo for each month of the year. I can see why you chose these. Hope 2014 brings you as many blessings as you can stand. :)

Mersad said...

Wonderful images of a year past. Looking forward to all your posts in the coming year!

Karin said...

Simply love your Photo Album Year in Review! Such wonderful memories - a time of remembering and a time of hope for new adventures with the Lord in the year ahead! God bless and keep you in His care! Hugs!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

What a fun look back at some of your favorites from 2013. Love that you got your picture taken with Legacy Five. Lord willing, I'll be seeing them myself in about 12 days!

Ginny said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year, Ruth!!! I loved looking back at all your photos. My favorites are the tree shadows on the snow and the fall ones!

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Ruth Thank you for sharing our favourite photographs with us. May I wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and may 2014 be a richly blessed year.

Pallavi said...

That is a beautiful summary to a great year ! Hope you have many such wonderful moments in the new year dear Ruth! Much love :)

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing the highlights of the year, Ruth. Hope you enjoy he trip in July as much as you did this year. Happy New Year. Diane

Debbie said...

they are all so beautiful ruth!!

happy 2014, i hope it's filled with lot's of love and laughter!!

LV said...

What a nice way to close out the year. It is always a pleasure visiting with you. May the New Year treat you kindly.

Elaine said...

Wonderful selection of photos, Ruth! May the New Year be a happy and prosperous one for you!

Betty Manousos said...

good morning dear ruth, thank you for sharing such wonderful photos with us.
happy new year! i wish that all your wishes are fulfilled this year!

xoxo

warriormom said...

Ruth, what a great way to capture and remember a year!! Thanks for bringing us along. Blessings to you for the new year!

Willard said...

Beautiful photos, Ruth.