Friday, February 7, 2014

Raindrops,Flowers and an iPhone

Time to share some more iPhone pictures. Since the landscape is white with snow and the weather people are telling me that we are in for cold weekend,let's warm it up with some summer pictures.


A while ago,I showed some buds on my Fern Leaf Peony and look what I found! On my trusty phone I had a picture of the plant in bloom.Isn't that just the prettiest thing? Each flower looks like a very full-petaled rose.Unfortunately each flower does not last for very long,but with pictures,I can now enjoy them all year.


Last summer while sitting on the bus,I captured this image.It was a rainy day and I liked how the raindrops were clinging to the side window. Rain is good,it refreshes the ground and makes the flowers grow.


After a rain I must get out there and capture the raindrops on the flowers.This Iris is my favourite of all the ones I have. I love that royal looking purple and now to have it decorated with raindrops,that is the icing on the cake.

Another favourite of mine after a rain are the Lupin leaves. Don't ask me why I think they are so special,but I really do love that look. I hope you enjoy it as well.


This bouquet of roses was given to me a long time ago,but I was able to preserve its beauty with this picture and many others. I think it may almost be time for me to treat myself to another bouquet of roses.My cameras would like that. :)

Thought for Today:
That which God said to the rose,
and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty,
He said to my heart,
and made it a hundred times more beautiful.

Rumi

26 comments:

  1. What a great winter show Ruth. Hope you are keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty images to brighten our winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great antidote for a cold winter day. We did actually see some sunshine for a while, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some flowers in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite just has to be the royal purple iris!!! Not only is it purple [a favorite color of mine] but the iris reminds me of my late father...he had about a half acre of irises...blooming...it was a beautiful sight.

    Like the side view window image from your bus too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the bus mirror shot and the lupin leaves laced with droplets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the iPhone pictures dear Ruth :) they are so beautiful! I hope you get some sunshine and have a great weekend ahead . Much love .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful series from that iPhone of yours. The iris is definitely a favorite. The peony is a type I've never seen before. It's beautiful! Clever shot in the bus mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the uniqueness of your photos. You know how to seize an opportunity! Last photo of the Roses is gorgeous, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Since you have an iPhone, and I have an iMac computer, we could Face Time some time and get to meet each other via that cool technology if you like! Would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images, Ruth. Lovely thoughts of warmer times. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers just seem prettier in winter... I guess we are just desperate in the dead of winter when things are dull and drab!!!!! Gorgeous post. Thanks so much, Ruth.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is good to be able to look back at the wonders we have seen and the happy times we have had. Your rain shot makes me thirsty . . . 109.3F today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I had a fern leaf peony! What a nice surprise to find on your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ruth....those are so beautiful and they remind me that spring will eventually come. It might be June but it will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you don't even need another camera, these with the phone are amazing. i want one of those fern peony, i love the fern leaves... these are fantastic and very spring like and the color in the iris is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ruth.. your flower photos are all wonderful but I absolutely love that perspective through the rainy school bus mirror. That shot is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Warm photos on this cold winter's day...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! I too, love the water droplets...it just adds so much more dimension to the already lovely plants!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always fascinated with rain droplets and how they cling and roll on leaves - having fun I guess, before they nurture everything around them. That iris is a gorgeous shade - and a good size too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are getting amazing images with your iphone....can you guess which on is my favorite??

    have a sunday funday!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fern leaf peony is so interesting! And beautiful. I've never seen that before. Your iphone photos are marvelous. I know I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful photos, great light, great color and great flowers!Brightened my day! cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice to see the memories of warmer times Ruth (even though I'm now in warmer climes). Don't think I've ever seen a fern leaf peony before - very striking. I agree with you on irises.

    ReplyDelete
  24. always love visiting your lovely place, dear ruth! your flower shots are all exceptional.
    thanks for sharing your warm, wonderful photos on a cold winter's day.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some nice shots. Looking forward to Spring. It hasn't snowed yet here in England - plenty of rain though!

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sometimes I look outside and wonder if it will ever be spring again! I just put some bulbs in a pot to force...hopefully a bit of color soon in the cold of winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth