Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sunrise and Snow Art

On my last post I shared summer scenes and now we are back to more winter scenes.
In Manitoba we have at least another month or perhaps more of winter left,so we may as well enjoy it.


Whenever I see the sunlight streaming through the trees like this,I am thrilled.There is just something so special about that sight and the way the sunshine paints the snow a golden colour.

A drive out in the country is sure to yield many snow sculptures.The wind carves unique designs into the snow,leaving sculptures so special they cannot be bought.


The variety is endless,so no matter where I looked I saw yet another pretty sight. Some of the drifts are quite small,yet contain very detailed patterns.


All of these pictures were taken in about the space of a mile,so you can see that there is great variety.
This is a little larger,but not what I would call large,perhaps about 12 inches tall. I am only guessing,as I was not going to go out there to measure.
I also like the way the snow is polished to a bright shine.

Back on my yard on another morning.The sun is low on the horizon thus casting very long shadows.This is the start of another cold  and beautiful Manitoba,winter day.

Here is a word of encouragement for you,
God created you and has a purpose for your life.
If the Creator of the universe fashioned you,you can know that you have infinite worth.

26 comments:

  1. If anyone can make a person enjoy winter and appreciate its beauty, you can through your great eye and marvelous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've caught the beauty and the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous... I love the snow sculptures too --and sun shining on the white snow is beautiful.. (Wish we could get some pretty snow!!!)

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow almost looks like cake icing....These shots are just beautiful. such a great representation of winter....

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty. but i'm cold here so got colder looking at these. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That much snow would have us shut down for weeks! LOL It's nice to see pictures of the snow and I agree with you.....the sun shining through the trees, onto the snow is so very pretty....

    We might see a snowflake or two...tomorrow!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you see beauty in everything, Ruth. And I love the way you share it with us. Your snow scenes are lovely. Our snow is so deep right now that I don't have any boots tall enough to walk out in it to get some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I agree - love that golden light. The snow dunes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful post, Ruth. Each picture is so pretty. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed my visit here today - dreaming of spring while still appreciating the beauty of winter. It's already February - the afternoons are already longer and pretty soon we'll have time change! Just making the best of it and enjoying every day to the fullest in the Lord! He gives new strength!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...as you say...it paints a beautiful picture!!!

    Enjoyed your extraordinary photos Ruth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos dear Ruth. I love all of the lavenders and blues and the sunlight is awesome.

    Thanks for your uplifting thoughts at the end too.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  13. those designs in the snow drifts are wonderful, like a giant used a big broom to sweep... and the trees in the last photo i would love to have in my yard

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have an eye for beauty, Ruth! Lovely wintry scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooohhh, I love that golden light in the first shot. All of the snow drifts are so incredibly beautiful, as though God himself created a masterpiece with his own hands. Thank you for the encouraging words. Much needed and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful ice and winter shots. I like the first one, with that glowing light!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Ruth I love all your snow photography an your encouaagement at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am enjoying your pretty snow scenes and the snow sculptures, Ruth, because I'm too lazy (and too chicken) to bundle up and go out in the cold to take pictures of our snow! I did go out long enough to put out some bird seed, but I forgot to put my camera in my pocket.
    Thanks for the encouraging words, some days it's easy to forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The snow can produce beautiful abstract patterns. Lovely shots Ruth. Stay warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photos are so beautiful, Ruth! I love your wintry shots and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ruth, lovely images!nn But Brrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your images are so pretty, you know i love it...i really adore that soft light!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ruth, Your photography is so great that all the cold and snow looks really inviting! Your "word of encouragement" today reminded me of the old spiritual his eye is on the sparrow. Do you know it? One of my favorites. Have a great day and thanks for your kind words on my blog. John

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the picture with the sun streaming through the trees...and...Thank you for you words of encouragement.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth