Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What an Awesome God We Have!

This post is a mixture of photos so bear with me.

On Saturday April 5,I was on my way to the Raptor Awareness Festival.My friend and I were a little early so we drove around to the ski area in this town.I made her stop so that I could get some pictures.
It looked like the runs were freshly groomed and I liked the patterns this had left on the slopes.

Here is a wider view of the La Riveire ski area.This is a popular spot for ski enthusiasts.

Slowly but surely the birds are making their return north and I welcome each one.
This American Tree Sparrow was foraging for food right close to my house.


Here is one of the early spring birds which I not only enjoy seeing,but I look forward to the bright songs of the Western Meadowlark,each spring.You can see that I am being serenaded as I take the photo. 
The angle is not good,as he was at the top of a hydro pole.

 Sitting on my deck,enjoying the warm sunshine,my eyes were drawn to the pine cones at the top of the tree.I know they are nothing that special,but I thought they were pretty.

I must include one picture of the lunar eclipse.I was not sure that I wanted to get up for this,so I didn't set an alarm.My thought was that if I woke up,it was meant to be.Well,I did wake up at the right time and got out of my nice warm bed.I had already figured out that I could open a window and shoot through there,so that is just what I did. I handheld the camera,but tried to stabilize it by resting on the side of the window frame. Not a perfect picture,but I'm happy that I got it.

 From seeing snow patterns on a ski slope to the spring birds  and finally the eclipse of the moon,all I can say is.'What an awesome God we have.'

19 comments:

  1. Not only is your photo of the moon beautiful, all of your pictures are marvelous. You've beautifully demonstrated that we do indeed have an awesome God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Beautiful photos, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous pictures, Ruth! Those ski slopes look like the runs are up in the air! Did the long lens make them look that way? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, our God is AWESOME. We couldn't see the moon eclipse though here since it was rainy and cloudy. You got a great photo.

    Love your little birdies. Aren't you happy to see them back??? I saw a Brown Thrasher back here this week --after being gone since Fall. I'll share a photo soon.

    Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow patterns on the slopes are really cool. What is that yellow bird? He is soooo pretty! Cute little tree sparrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your moon shot is great! i loved the snow ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems it's hard to get a picture of a meadowlark with its mouth closed. They just love to sing. I really liked the shot of the pine cones. I'm glad you included it. As for the lunar eclipse, I had looked forward to seeing it; but we had thick clouds that night. So it was nice to get to see your photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful moon shot!!! And is that a meadowlark? I just LOVE the patterns on the ski slope on your first picture, it is one of my favorites you have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, what an awesome God we have. Your pictures are all great and I can just hear that Meadowlark. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. We DO have an awesome God! Amen!
    Love your pictures and I think you got a great shot of the moon. I tried, but I couldn't keep the camera steady enough and they turned out blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see that somebody wasn't clouded over for the eclipse. Nicely captured. The colour is quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful shot of the moon and the only way i will ever see one... but i did get a solar halo around the sun at noon yesterday. it was awesome to.. my favorite photo today is the pine cones. yours are different than ours and i am constantly taking photos of our pine cones, but have only posted a few. the ski slopes are really cool with the patterns

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great indeed!! I'm glad you could get a moon shot--It snowed here that night, and we had cloud cover.

    Have a Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos Ruth and I agree, our God is an awesome God.

    I took some photos of a fledgling mockingbird this morning but haven't seen how they came out as I had to get ready for work. I hope some of them are post worthy. It was so cute.

    Love and hugs to you and
    Happy Easter ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  15. We do indeed.
    Those patterns of the ski slope look like ribbons to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen to that and your photographs are also awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, great images! I welcome the return of the Spring birds too! So nice to see them.
    I had intentions to shoot the moon too, but alas is clouded over at sunset and I couldn't see a thing!
    Glad you were able to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how fine the fotos are.
    I especially taken with the pine cones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth