Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Having Too Much Fun With Apps

I will begin by saying that although I take my photography seriously,sometimes,I just love to have fun and what better place to do that than on my phone.
The iPhone camera does a decent job of taking pictures,but the real fun comes in all the Apps available.
I may go a little overboard at times,but so it is.LOL



 I have mentioned before the App called Fisheye Pro,well this picture was taken with that.The App calls this a Crystal Ball lens.I do like the effect on some shots.
This picture was taken at sunset recently.

Another Crystal Ball lens photo.This one was taken at a marsh not too far from where I live.

Another Crystal Ball shot at the marsh.I have another App called Super Photo.I used that to create this unique frame effect.


Taking the same photo,I tried another effect in Super Photo.I kind of like this one.

 A petalled pillow I have on the couch has been used for some unique photo ideas.This time I used the Crystal Ball lens and like how it turned out.


While I was having fun playing with the various Apps,I took the image into yet another one,called PSExpress and turned it into a soft black and white.

Will I ever use these images for slideshows or enlargements? Most likely not,but I sure had fun making them,and just because I can,I will likely make a few more fun shots as I go along.Who knows,I might even be silly enough to share them here again.

I may be getting older,but I refuse to grow up.

29 comments:

  1. I'm glad you refuse to grow up because I like the fun you're having with your apps. Your a real inspiration. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will they think of next! Sure are a lot of imaginative people in this world.

    Great shots Ruth and I like what you've done with them. That would likely have been a bit difficult in the film days.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like all kinds of fun to be had. I like what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful!! Who cares if they are serious or not? What really in photography matters is beauty! And these sure are beautiful! My favorite remains the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice effects! It's fun to try out different things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What interesting results and what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really neat. I downloaded a similar app on my Android phone. I have got to mess around very much so far but I'm sure I'll get around to doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What FUN!! It looks to me like the background part of the photos is upside down or am I seeing things?

    Why should we grow up, when we are going to be forever young?

    Happy photo taking dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth, It is great to see you having fun with this app. It is so cool to see the results. Thanks for sharing! John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had fun with your Apps. I might have to get some Apps now that I have an iPhone.Please don't ever grow up, because I really enjoyed these! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really liked the one you liked, too, with the globe behind the 'windows' - that looked like something you'd see in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A "girl" after my own heart :) Love your foto-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really fun, Ruth! I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it can't be overboard if you are enjoying it!!

    fun...fun, i like them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the most creative photos from your phone! The crystal ball lens from Fisheye Pro is one of the neatest I've seen. I've tried different apps, but never like what comes out. You must know just which photo to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you! That's the best way to go, to do what makes you happy. I have a kaleidoscope ap that I have a lot of fun with, I also go out and blow bubbles just to see them drift on the wind. Playtime is good time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very fun! And it is fun to create new things...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you are having fun with the apps! Some really neat things you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. II love the fun you are having with your apps. I might have to get an iPhone. :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad I don't have that 'affliction' or I'd not get anything done. But oh what fun ... you make it look addictive!! Love 'the other' effect in Super Photo best. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow...what interesting effects this makes! I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed them all, but love the SuperPhoto one! So glad the Lord made you to have a young outlook and spirit, bringing joy to others as well. That's much more fun than some of our grumpies and self-focused whiners - did I just say that???? LOL Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ruth....
    these are some really neat and cool photographs. Isn't it amazing how apps can do so many things... You are a great photographer and I just love seeing all the new ways that create your own photos...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have not tried this fish eye technique. Very nice,

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope to one day own a phone that will allow me to use apps like that. Those are so cool! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those are some amazing effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth