Sunday, June 1, 2014

BEAUTY ON THE GROUND AND IN THE SKY

It's June! The months seem to fly by faster and faster. 
I just want everyone to know,it has nothing to do with getting older. OK,so maybe it does,but I refuse to admit that.Now,that that has been said and I can go on to sharing the beauty I see all around me.


On a recent nature/birding walk,I found these little Violets blooming to their hearts content,right in the middle of the path.I just love seeing them pop up in these unexpected places.


Standing on my yard,my eyes turned upward to the leaves on the Silver Maple tree and I just knew I needed to get a picture.I think the Maple Leaf is such a beautiful shape and now I was seeing them against that blue sky and with the sunshine lighting them up.It was gorgeous to stand under that tree and see all this. I chose to just show one cluster of leaves,because showing them all just seemed too busy.


At my deck the potted flowers are beginning to show their beauty as well. This year I chose the pink and white theme.I have pink Wave Petunias with a white Geranium in the centre.
This is one of the first flowers on the Geraniums,pure white with tiny yellow stamens in the middle.

For today I will not show the whole plant,but instead focus on just one flower. I love Petunias and the Wave series usually do very well.My Mother loved her Petunias,so each year when I plant them I think of her.


We have had some spectacular sunsets this spring. I don't always get out there to capture the beauty,but the other day I was at the right spot to witness an amazing display of beauty,as God said Goodnight to the world.


One more image from the same night.I love scenes like this and am so thankful that I am able to capture a small part of that beauty with my camera.


 June will be a busy month for me.It is the last month of school before the summer break and there will be lots of field trips to take and students to shuttle from place to place.

It is my prayer that I can do my part to get everyone to their destinations safely and so finish another year of bus driving on a positive note.

25 comments:

  1. I love the sunset with the pine trees! We have a lot in common, I love seeing little violets popping up, and also Silver Maples are fantastic. There is a row of three that I visit all the time! I love it when the leaves turn actual silver and I can listen to them rustle, like silver bells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful colors from all sorts of sources. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!! Hope June goes smoothly for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Ruth--especially those sunset photos... They make me smile!!!!!! Just fantastic...

    Love that silver maple also... I like Petunias --but have never had much luck with them. That's why I went to Pansies which seem to work better here.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you find and capture beauty wherever you are. Sharing it with us is a wonderful ministry, and I thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you surrounded by so much beauty and at the end of the day, blessed with those wonderful sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You show it so well!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rught ~ The flowers are oh so lovely and the sunset spectacular.

    I pray you have a safe and wonderful end to this school year.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post. I especially like the last one of the watercolor sunset. Blessings to you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. the flowers and leaves are so beautiful. you are like I am, walking outside i just can't resist snapping the beauty God gives us... those sky pics are AWESOME.. have a safe and blessed June driving

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, lovely shots, Ruth. My mom always had petunias too and when I see them I think of her. The sunset is absolutely breathtaking...no better way to end a day! And I like your attitude....I'm not getting any older either :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous ruth....it would be wonderful if we could stop time, wouldn't it?! i would stop it right now as i am feeling so well, i never want it to end!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, lovely images! I love the re-emergence of all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those little violets and see lots of them around here too.
    Gorgeous skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, your sunset shots are so beautiful! I like how you said it was "God" saying "goodnight to the world." The silver maple leaves against the blue sky is a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Ruth I love that through your beautiful shots one can see the hand of God at work. Thank you for sharing His Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ruth, Another wonderful post here. I really like the way you combine your pictures with the thoughts of taking and sharing them. I find it impressive the way you share your spirituality. That last sunset photo is special ... it made me think of how God blessed us with another wonderful day. Thanks for sharing on your blog and for your kind comments on mine. John

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thank God often for the gift of eyesight and being able to see the beauty he gives us every day. Your photos are beautiful, Ruth, and the sunsets are really outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sky....oh my......that sky!!! Extraordinary.

    And the violets are so dainty and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!....Those sunsets are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. From the earth to the heavens you got it covered. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nature has truly blessed with with breathing sights.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty blossoms and a spectacular sky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth