Friday, June 27, 2014

Sunset and Roses

It is Friday,June 27. This marks the end of another school year and another year of school bus driving. Over the last,nearly 35,years,I have watched many children progress through the grades,from Kindergarten to Graduation.It is exciting to watch them transform from shy little children to confident young adults.
The pictures in today's post have nothing to do with the end of a school year,but rather,are pictures I have taken recently and ones that I like,enough to share with you.


Watching  sunset is one of those things that I enjoy doing.When the sky has some interesting clouds that makes it even better.


The other night I had all but given up on seeing a beautiful sunset,when the sun peeked through the last few clouds at the horizon and presented a beautiful display.

One more sunset shot,the last rays of the sun streaking through the clouds.


A dear friend blessed me with a gorgeous bouquet of roses the other day.She was even thoughtful enough to include a long string of pearls to be used in photography.


I love seeing the roses on my table,but I do know that I have to take time to have a photo session before the blooms begin to fade.

I now look forward to two months of holidays.I have a few plans for these weeks,but some time will also be spent catching up with things at home.

Enjoy the summer months and make many new memories.

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous is right! Beautiful sky and the pretty bouquet :) Enjoy your two months of holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the roses are beautiful. congrats on finishing another year of school! i loved the 2nd sky photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a marvelous summer and get to take many more gorgeous photos to share with us. Your sunsets are fantastic, and you know I like your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She chose colors that you don't think of going together, yet they really DO! They are beautiful, and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos of sunset skies and roses. Two of my favorite things.

    Have a wonderful summer off from work.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh...two of my favorite things...sunsets and roses! That first sky shot was breathtaking! Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy holiday... beautiful roses and the sky is awesome.. in the first shot I like the way the sun in the comer has sunbeams shooting up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my GOODness Ruth! These are simply stunning photos. I love that second sky shot, and the Roses with pearls: WOW! By the way, we're at our daughter's in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, you are going gangbusters with that Olympus! What a thoughtful friend...roses AND pearls. All around beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those roses are gorgeous! I love the last pic of the velvety orange ones. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet friend to bring you roses, and such colorful ones! Sunsets can be golden and contrast high, or they can be colorful and like a watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must be wonderful looking forward to having the summer off!! Your images of the sky are amazing Ruth, you will now have lots of free time for enjoying your camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you're glad to have the summer off. : )
    Beautiful sunset pictures and the roses with the string of pearls is looks elegant and so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your wonderful summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the roses with the strand of pearls!!!!
    And your sunsets....can't help but enjoy this painted sky of ours above us. Sunrises also.

    Beautiful images Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your summer holidays, Ruth! Take lots of photos. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ruth, Thank you for your kind comment on my sunset picture on my blog today. I got a kick out of coming here and see that you were posting a sunset as well. They are almost always good, aren't they? Your rose photos are beautiful. Enjoy your time to relax this summer. I will look forward to your blog posts. John

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful sunsets! Roses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes the best sunsets arrive when you think there won't be much of a display.

    Gorgeous roses - such vivid colours!

    Enjoy your couple of months off - I'm sure your camera will get a good workout ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely sunset shots! Enjoy your time off--hopefully you'll find time to take lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth