Sunday, June 15, 2014

The English Gardens and Family

Steve,Kai and I spent a few hours at the English Gardens in Winnipeg on Saturday,June 7.
We had a beautiful day,but unfortunately the timing was not exactly right for lots of flowers.
I have always said that beauty can be found anywhere and on this day I needed to follow that advice.
Despite the lack of flowers,I did find beauty and I want to share some of that with you.
I might add that all images are taken with the Olympus E-M 1.



At the entrance to this garden,I noticed trees which in the past I have not paid any attention to.
The sunlight created a mixed palette of light and shadows and made for a pleasing look.


Inside the gardens I found an ornamental apple tree covered  in blossoms.Trying to capture this detail was not that easy,but you get a feel of how pretty that tree was.

 Alongside one of the paths the ferns were growing in profusion.I had very little time to compose a shot but got this one which I really like.


Kai enjoyed climbing on the various statues.This old man seemed to need someone on his lap for a minute or two.


Steve did not know that I was taking this picture,but I thought that he added the perfect touch to this path. Kai is walking right in front of him,only her bright pants are visible.


Even though I had hoped for more flowers,we had a wonderful time.Any time I get to spend with these two people is special.



There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them 
have come about through the encouragement from someone else.

24 comments:

  1. I love the fern shot! My, Kai is really growing, and so beautiful!! She is the same age as mine. The picture of her with the statue is just perfect, an old stone man with a gorgeous little girl. Opposites attract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no flowers needed, these are so beautiful, that fern makes my heart go pitty pat. i love ferns. and trees with shadows and light, oh my. a fun walk in a garden with to loved ones, nothing bettere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the beauty you did find. Ferns have such interesting characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some exceptional images in spite of the lack of flowers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had me in the opening scene with the ferns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The apple blossom and the ferns are exquisite.

    Glad you got to have this time with your family.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, there is beauty everywhere, isn't there? Whether it is trees or ferns or flowers, all things are beautiful in their own way. The fern photo is so interesting...

    Glad you had a wonderful time with those two special people.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job of finding beauty in the English Gardens. Of course, having Kai and Steve with you could only add to the beauty of nature that you found.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shot of Steve and Kai on the path. Nothing like family to share a special place. I think your shots captured the serenity of the gardens before all the flowers burst forth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the different shades of green that are most evident in the Spring of the year. Your fern picture is tremendous! I looks like a wonderful place to spend with family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW ruth the ferns and apple blossoms are just stunning!!

    but time with family is always best!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth Love Kai and the old man and also the blossom and fern shots are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a Lovely day!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fern shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeg kom bare lige forbi.
    Dejlige billeder.
    Tak for kigget.
    Ha´ en god aften.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spending quality time with our loved ones is so precious. Looks like you were surrounded by the beauty of nature of love of family. Doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice that Steve, Kai and you went on this lovely walk where you truly DID find some beautiful photo ops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kai is so cute and I love her pose!!
    So nice to get to spend time with those that are so special to us...glad you had a wonderful time! Look at all of that fern growing on the ground. It is truly beautiful!
    Beauty is all around us...we only need to see with a grateful heart...Thanks for sharing photos Ruth.. I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The image of the ferns is just perfect. Looks like you spent as much time as you needed to compose this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The fern photo is fantastic! Looks like it was a beautiful day to be out and enjoying nature's beauty with family. That's a cute shot of Kai on the statue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Though there were not many blooming flowers, I can see that the garden were very lush. Sounds like you spent a delightful at the English Gardens with family. All of your images are beautiful, Ruth! The fern capture is especially sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fern shot is awesome! It's nice to see what is growing and blooming in your area, so that I know what my sisters that live near there are seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the fern shot! And Kai on the statue is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You definitely found beauty, Ruth, even without the flowers. I really like the fern shot, and the shot of Kai and the statute is just precious. My, how she has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love gardens and Oregon is filled with a variety! My blog is filled with nature photos. I loved the Iris garden, the rose gardens (several), the tulip gardens, so many kinds. And Oregon has a huge garden called Oregon Gardens which is so lovely! All have been on my blog at least once!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth