Sunday, September 28, 2014

Flying High!

You all know about my love of birds,so this picture comes as no surprise.
The Turkey Vulture does not have a beautiful face,but watch it in flight and all you can see is grace and beauty.

Of course I cannot help but get a picture of a plane going overhead.This one came by close to sunset and it made for a nice shot.

I was out of town,waiting for the sun to set,when I received a text from my son,Steve,with a short video clip of a power chute taking off. He has a friend who owns one of these machines,so I was not surprised to see this.A moment later I got another text from Steve,saying that Kai was on the chute.Suddenly I was very surprised and interested.I could hear the chute but could not see it for a while.A moment later this is what I saw just to the east of me.


Joey,the owner/operator of this machine swung on by me and came towards me,with the orange glow of the setting sun behind him.I was thrilled to get this picture.


Kai had pointed out my car on the road and they made a close pass,so close I could hear him telling Kai to wave to Grandma.This picture is not cropped,but I did use my telephoto lens on it.

I am so proud of that young lady. Almost I stayed home that evening,but now I am so glad that I went out and to just the right place to get these pictures.
 Oh,yes,I did get some pretty nice sunset pictures as well,but they are for another post.

21 comments:

  1. How fortunate that you were out with your camera at just the right time. You got some fantastic photos of Kai's adventure! I especially like the shot with the setting sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you did not miss this awesome opportunity to see her fly.. lovely shot of it with the sun setting behind it. i to like to watch the vultures soar

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what a blast for her! and so cool she got to see you from up above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you didn't stay home this evening. Not only did you get a great photo of Kai in the power chute, but you got some beautiful sky photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Kai is at the right age to enjoy this sort of adventure for the first time. And I'm glad you got to witness it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post, Ruth. Fun to see Kai in the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you were able to capture the pictures of Kai... She is brave! Not sure I would have been able to get on that thing. I'm sure it would have to be lots of fun!!! Great photo of the sun behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kai is braver than I am! Love the sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got wonderful pictures, especially the up close one!! I like the very pale sky too. The vultures are so graceful in flight, they use the thermals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, these are GREAT! What a brave soul Kai is. How exciting for her and for you too, to be able to get the photos.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow. I really love the 4th shot! Perfect!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the telephoto picture! That is incredible. And the sunset contrail/vapor stream is wonderful with the late sunlight on the plane too.

    And the vultures are ever so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They say timing is everything. So glad you caught these photos. The sunset one is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you were rewarded with so much beauty and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun that you were able to capture so well! I remember being about her age and flying in a piper that my brother and a friend flew up in from SC. I was home for the day (sick) from school and got to take a plane ride anyway...evidently I wasn't too sick! Great photos...especially the silhouette against the sunset...my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, what a great experience for you both! Looked like a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a terrific time for you to be out with your camera. Imagine the memories you both will have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at your brave little Kai! Bet that just made your day. What fun! The silhouette shot with the sun glow is magnificent. Should be framed and hung on a wall. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, these shots are terrific, Ruth! We have had the vultures flying around our few acres and they come very close to the house. So far, I've not been able to get a good shot, tho. Love the shot of the plane. And the power chute ride must have been a thrill to do AND to capture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth