Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Heavenly Sunshine

    Today I share a series of sunlight pictures with you.The sun is up in the sky and we rarely think about it as being beautiful.The sun itself may be too bright to be considered beautiful,but the light it casts on the earth creates lovely sights.

   

 A few mornings ago,I was ready to leave the house to go to work,but I had to take a minute to capture this scene.When I opened my door,which faces to the east,I stopped in my tracks,hurried back to get my camera and fired this shot.
Oh,how I love seeing those sunbeams streaking through the sky.


This picture was actually taken during the day,but in order to get a starburst effect I had to turn the f-stops way down.It is not a perfect picture,but I like it,so it ends up on my blog.


Another morning,this was the sight that greeted me when I looked out my door.I love that golden light of morning,as it casts long shadows on my yard.


I have spent more time recently,playing with the Aperture on my camera.This picture is more pleasing than one that is so dark and I still got the starburst effect of the sun. Yes,I also have lots of flares on the picture,but once again,I kind of like the effect they add to this shot.


Watching the sky is sure to result in some good pictures.All of the pictures in this post were taken right on my yard,proving that one does not have to travel far to find beauty.


But friendship is precious,not only in the shade,but in the sunshine of life,and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.
Thomas Jefferson.

18 comments:

  1. These sky photos are gorgeous. I like the starburst effect that you've created. Thank you for reminding us of the beauty all around us -- if only we would open our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Ruth!!! Yes, I do see the sun rays.They are so hard to capture well on camera! That is my first favorite. My second is number 3! I do not know anything about how to set a camera like you did here. But this makes me wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I LOVE the early morning light on your yard. The golden light is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these shots Ruth, especially the morning one. You are so right about us not having to go far to see beauty. Thank you for sharing the beauty that surrounds you.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heavenly sunshine - flooding my soul with glory divine! Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sun paintings and these are wonderful.. to me there is nothing more beautiful that watching the early morning sun change our world. these are all beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are wonderful. i like the sunbursts and the long rays, too. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy playing with my camera to capture the light too. The lighting has really changed here this week...fall is certainly in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, Ruth...I think taking early morning pics are sometimes my favorite...love the way the mist mixed with the rays come together forming that "heavenly" effect. Sometimes those orbs can really add to the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked a perfect title. All beautiful sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dappled light and starbursts/rays are so beautiful!! We used to see the sunset from our front yard in Texas, but here in La. we don't because of too many trees. Not complaining about that tho!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still learning the various settings on my camera! I want to start shooting in RAM format as told it is the best way. Now gotta read and learn and figure out setting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Extraordinary!!!!

    And, Ruth, thanks for visiting with me at I'd Rather B Birdin' this past weekend also. I'm on a bit of a hiatus during the daylight hours, working in the yard etc. So, I'm taking this time early before sunrise to visit some blogging buddies!!

    Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful shots, Ruth. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Each so different, each so very beautiful!! The sun is such a great opportunity for those of us who like to take pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love the series of sun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed the different photos and the unique lighting in each.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot believe that I somehow missed this wonderful post.... GADS---I'm sorry... Don't know how that happened..

    Anyhow--I love your 'sun' photos. --especially the 1st and 3rd one... Ah Shucks--love the 5th one too... I just love them all...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth