Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Minniwasta Golf and Country Club

I want to start this post by saying,I am NOT a golfer and really have no desire to become one,but,I can see beauty even at the golf course.

We have a beautiful restaurant at the local golf course,and someday I must get some pictures of it.It's an amazing building. I went to this restaurant recently to meet some friends for breakfast.I was a little early,so I had some time to do what I enjoy doing,getting pictures.
The first sight that greeted me was this beautiful Hydrangea. The morning sun on it was so pretty.


Beside the Hydrangea was this small shrub with pink flowers. I think this may be a Spirea.Whatever the name,it sure showed a delicate beauty.


Looking over the plants,I saw the golf course.I don't know much about golf courses,but have seen some big name ones on TV from time to time and I think this one located right here in my home town of Morden,is as lovely as many I've seen.It is an eighteen hole course and I have heard good reviews about it.


This little pond looks like it might attract birds.I would love to wander around here,looking for pictures.


Just a little farther out is this pond and fountain. I can imagine the pictures I could get,if I were to walk on the course. I know they don't want people wandering around on a golf course and distracting the golfers,so I stay on the parking lot. :(


The views from the restaurant,both inside and on the patio would be similar to what I have shown.
I may have to find a golfer friend who I can tag along with,just to take pictures.

I do know that I do not have to travel far to find beauty,and the same would be true for most people.
Open your eyes to see the beauty right before you.

25 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely!!! I often wish they would open the golf courses up to birdwatchers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is beautiful, and maybe you could be a caddy for a day.. find a friend and roll along their bag for them. ask them to hit their ball really close to the pond...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've enjoyed some meals at country club restaurants, but i'm not one for golfing or hobnobbing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live on a golf course, even though neither of us play golf. But the beauty that can be found is never-ending and changes from season. The mountains form a backdrop to several holes and provide a beauty all their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't golf either, but I always thought that it would be nice to drive through some of them to see the landscaping. So peaceful, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing about golf courses is many are landscaped beautifully. My husband likes to play but has not had the opportunity much - - not only work conflicts but arthritis, too. However he has a vacation day tomorrow and was given a free round in a drawing so is going to try tomorrow and see how it goes. I LOVE the sunlight on the flowers. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah good for you. I wouldn't care for the game either but I can relate to finding beauty to photograph. And I can just see you with a golfing buddy... the golfer with a golf bag and you with your camera bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, beautiful images! I think Golf Courses are wonderful places where one can get out in the fresh air, convene with nature at it's best and get some exercise to boot. Looks like you have a wonderful course there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hydrangeas are gorgeous and are my favorite. At least you have a cart with golf, but it lasts FOREVER! Plus, I have NO plaid pants. Ha ha ha! I like Miniature Golf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scenes! And the blooms are gorgeous too. I'd say you are right about the spirea...never seen pink but it sure looks just like the white blooms I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures Ruth, looks like a lovely golf course

    ReplyDelete
  12. Golf courses are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.....what a super nice golf course! My grandson would love playing there.
    Fabulous photos of my of my favorite flowers....the hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hydrangea. There are so many kinds and all so beautiful. I really love white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, those hydrangeas are just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos Ruth.

    Yes, there is beauty all around us, we just have to open our eyes and look.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty there. I'm not a golfer either but I do think many of them are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a golfer, but that's a beautiful golf course! Love the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an attractive golf course. Everything still looks so green there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get a golf club at a thrift store and walk around like you belong! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely place and lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi ruth, what a lovely place! it makes me want to go there. your photos are excellent and i really like the hydrangea.

    have a blessed weekend!xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely golf course, very nice! It is true that you do not have to look far to find beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...simply gorgeous. I'd once again take up golfing if I had a course like this close by. Oh, and if it were cheaper...it's gotten so expensive for 18 holes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth