Thursday, October 30, 2014

BEAUTY AT HOME AND AWAY

I guess the title should be reversed,since I am starting with the 'away' beauty,but that didn't sound right to me. Be warned that this post contains more than my usual five pictures.

I wanted to share a few more pictures form my Minnesota trip.I did find some spectacular beauty.
These trees were at a rest stop that we had stopped at. I thought they were gorgeous in the blue sky.


Detroit Lake had some beauty as well. I had imagined a calm body of water and beautiful reflections along the shore.Well,that was not the case,but I persisted in finding beauty none the less.


Some flowers and grasses along the shore aided me in finding that beauty.


One more look at the lake,through the grasses.You can see there is still some color on the far shore,but it was quite windy so no calm water or reflections this time.


These colourful trees were on a parking lot of a hotel.Guess I was getting desperate to find color and beauty,but I liked how they looked.

All vacations must come to an end,but not the beauty. This is an early morning sunrise,taken with my phone before I got the bus ready to roll for the day.


One more sunrise,phone shot.Here you can see part of another bus.I was just in awe of the beauty of that morning.


Meanwhile,while back on my yard the Geraniums are still blooming.This picture was taken on October 10,and as I am writing this,October 30,they still look just as beautiful.


The Amur Maples on my yard were very pretty,but by now have lost most of their leaves.


This last picture speaks to me at a different level. Yes,I like the color,but what I really see is that even though the leaves may be a little tattered they still have beauty. This reminds me that even when I feel a little 'tattered',I can still show the beauty of the Lord to those around me. I still have value,even though I am not perfect. And,by the way, so do you.You and I are precious in God's sight.


28 comments:

  1. Just stunning, Ruth...the sky is that same deep blue here today and the leaves seem to be on fire like some of those in your post. We are expecting rainy and cold weather on Saturday so tomorrow may be my last chance of getting any good leaf pics. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture is gorgeous with the brilliant orange and blue. And such sweet little pink flowers. But I think my favorite may be the beautiful, yet tattered,leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them all! not too many photos whatsoever! LOVE the sunrise ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with your words of truth about us being tattered and beautiful.. the photo with the bus in it is fantastic. the sun is exploding up from the earth and through the trees. and the other sunrise, i love the four Christmas trees in front of the sunrise. something i can not see here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful, as is your comment on the last photo. Thank you for reminding us that we can find beauty in the least expected places if we will only look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth, beautiful and stunning shots! Falls colours are so outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the fall colors! such a pretty sunset. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the last photo is indeed lovely even though the leaves are a bit tattered. And I'm glad you stop long enough to take a few photos before you take off in your bus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post Ruth, in photos and words.

    Thank you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hear the wind softly blowing through the trees and shore lines. Really amazing fall landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A treasure chest of thoughts and images, Ruth. Wonderful to walk with such a thoughtful friend.



    You must not blame me if I do talk to the clouds. ~Henry David Thoreau



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos. I really love the ones with the colorful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pictures, every one of them.
    What a comfort it is to know that God loves us no matter what. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Minnesota colors are stunning. The sunrises photos only promise a glorious day. I hope you weren't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Ruth....you really did do good here!!
    I love how the shapes of the leaves in that first photo, really stand out against that blue sky!! Each photo is so neat..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed, you did find beauty and color, Ruth. I really like those lakeshore photos. The sunrises are spectacular! PS I ordered a macro lens - I have no experience with one, so more practice, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much beauty and colour in those trees and skies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely and colorful, Ruth. My favorites are the first and last!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Colorful and beautiful post, Ruth. And so uplifting. Have a beautiful day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these photos, Ruth! I'm never bored when I visit your blog - you have an eye for what makes a super good photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, Ruth.. There is beauty everywhere we go in this life, isn't there? Love all of your photos...

    We are expecting some frigid weather this weekend--even with some snow showers... And to think, we were in the 70's a few days ago.. Going down to the low to mid 20's on Sat. night... Mercy Me!!!!!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are right, Ruth...There is so much beauty all around us--we just need to open our eyes.

    God bless your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Ruth, you made the most beautiful photo;s'. And I always love the words to go with your photo's. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ruth your photographs are outstandingly beautiful. The colours against the blue sky are amazing. Beauty is all around us if we only will open our eyes to see it and thanks for reminding us that god sees beauty in us all the time even when we are sometimes feeling a little frayed at the edges. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Every where we look there is beauty for God made the world so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Ruth, Another great selection of photos. I’m glad you decided to share these. The first one, tree and sky, is just awesome … great colors. The lake shots remind me of my walks around Green Lake here in Seattle. And that was just a beautiful sunrise! Just a great post and I love the way you work in the spiritual thoughts. Blessings to you and may you have a great weekend. John

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved the pics and your analogy at the end! In so many ways I am tattered, but that doesn't mean I'm good for nothing. Thanks for the reminder, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved your whole photo essay! Beautiful colours and lessons drawn from the beauty around us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth