Saturday, October 11, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving. I have so many things to be thankful for.
I want to share a few of them.

First and foremost I am thankful for a Saviour who loves me and cares for me.Second would be the freedom to worship freely,as we please.I am also thankful for the Bible which is my daily guidebook.


My family ranks right up there in things ,or people to be thankful for. I have a small family. Steve is my only child and his daughter,Kai,is my only grandchild. I love both of them more than I can ever put into words.I am thankful that they live only a few blocks from my house,and not only are we family,but we are also good friends. 

Those that know me,know that I love Southern Gospel music.I am so thankful that there are writers who write these powerful lyrics. I am also thankful for men like these guys of Legacy Five whom God has blessed with great voices,which they are using to praise Him. There are also many other groups who also sing for God's glory.


I am thankful to be living in an area where we have the changing of seasons,with all the beautiful colour.I enjoy each season,although,I must admit that summer,with its heat is my least favourite.


I cannot do a post on thankfulness,without mentioning birds. I enjoy watching the birds.I am thankful for the variety I get to see each year and that I am able to capture pictures of most of them.


I am also thankful for sunrises and sunsets.Each one is different,yet there is always beauty to be seen.


I must add that I am thankful that God has given me eyesight to see these beauties and also the ability to appreciate the things I see.
I cannot forget my many friends.I am so thankful for each one,whether they are the ones I get to have a cup of coffee with or those who I only know through the Blog or Facebook.Each one is a treasure to me.

It may or may not be Thanksgiving Day for you,but I challenge each one to stop and count your blessings. We are rich indeed.

31 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Ruth. I thank God for his blessings the the beauty of his creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to your and your Family! The portrait of your son and granddaughter is wonderful. They both have great smiles. Wishing you continued blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family Ruth. So many blessings and like you I am thankful also each and every day. Happy Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those beautiful blue eyes and freckles! And I have always thought that kids are so much cuter with their front teeth out!! Happy thanksgiving! And I know that you are really thankful all the time. Your hummer is an amazing motion macro!!! The detail is wonderful, his little legs are tucked underneath and he is so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is full of riches to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very happy thanksgiving to you and yours, ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I join you in being grateful! Beautiful post stirring the heart to count my many blessings! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful Thanksgiving post. You've given words to the feelings of many of us. I'm thankful for friends like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you dear Ruth!

    This was a lovely post in photos and your thoughts.

    Thank you and God's continued blessings on you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy thanksgiving, enjoy your day. and your family is perfect, the words quality not quantity come to mind. you do have so much to be thankful for and thanks for reminding me of all I am thankful for

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! You have such a beautiful family.

    All the best from Port Canaveral, Florida,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving, Ruth! Beautiful pictures and words of thanks. It's ironic, but as I sat on the the porch yesterday, I wrote my thanks in a journal for those same things! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving, Ruth. Your son is handsome and his daughter looks just like him (except for his facial hair and her missing teeth!). They have the same shape chin and beautiful blue eyes. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am truly blessed for so many things. my life is even more blessed with all my online bloggy friends.

    have a lovely Thanksgiving!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great, loving, happy holiday Ruth. And you DO have wonderful and thankful photos to share with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ruth. I'm honored to be your friend for years. You have a beautiful family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ruth, This is just a great post. Very nice the way you have set out the things you are thankful for. Yes, we should all stop and count our blessings more often. It has sure been a pleasure and blessing to find and follow your blog. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. John

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ruth... I am so thankful that YOU are MY Friend... Thanks be to God for that!!!!

    Love your post --and think that the picture of your son and his beautiful daughter is the best I have seen of them together... Love it... It needs to be framed.

    YES--we all have so much to be thankful for. Hope you have an incredible day.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth, Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
    I am Thankful that I have a wonderful Blog friend in Manitoba! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and images, they make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All wonderful things to be thankful for. I am thankful for your blog where it is always a pleasure to visit and see your beautiful pictures and hear your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, you certainly do have many wonderful things to be thankful for, Ruth...I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day! The things you mentioned are right up there on my own list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kai has lovely eyes and a pretty smile! Yes, you have much to be thankful for. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a beautiful post, Ruth. The photo of Kai and Steve is beautiful, too. Those sparkly blue eyes and big smiles are awesome. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh What a beautiful post! So inspiring! So thankful I stumbled over your blog today! May you continue to experience all the riches God has in store for you!
    Sincerely, Carmen xx
    www.sincerelycarmen.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh What a beautiful post! So inspiring! So thankful I stumbled over your blog today! May you continue to experience all the riches God has in store for you!
    Sincerely, Carmen xx
    www.sincerelycarmen.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, we have lots to be thankful for, and I too, thank God for each one. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ruth. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful blog. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for. You are so blessed to have your son and grand daughter living so close. I have not been checking my favorite blogs much lately..I need to get back with it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Ruth.
    I love that hummingbird :> )

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm behind on blog reading, but I do want to say that I enjoyed reading your Thanksgiving post and your beautiful photos. I'm thankful for many of the same things. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day with your family and enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So much to be thankful for. Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth