Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Birthday Surprise and a Photo Ride

On October 25,I was called upon to help surprise my friend of many years.Her birthday is October 29,but her daughter decided to give her a surprise 65th birthday party on the 25th. My job was to get her out of the house for a while,so the house could be readied and the guests could arrive.

I decided to take her with me on a photography ride.We headed north and west of Morden.Here are a few pictures from that ride.

Before I go any further,let me say,we did surprise her,but I was surprised as well when I found that she enjoyed the photography almost as much as I did.

The first stop was at the old railroad bridge,which has been shown on this blog a few times before.
You can see that the trees are bare,but the bridge still was photogenic.

Along the side of the road we found a few Milkweed pods bursting with ripe seeds.

 We made our way to a valley still further north.This is called the St. Lupicin area and is very picturesque. The white bark on this stand of birch trees caught my attention.

A little further down the road was this scene and I knew I needed to get a picture of it.I like the old broken down tree and the blue sky background.


I had to stop and get this picture of the bare trees and the blue sky.

 It was a fun few hours,but by now I needed to get the honoured guest home to the party. I knew we would be late,but hurried home as best I could,without giving any clue as to what was happening.
Once we turned down her street,she saw some cars which she recognized and wanted to know if I had been asked to take her away for a while. I had to confess,but it was still somewhat of a surprise for her. Happy Birthday Hannah,glad I could have a part in celebrating your birthday.


21 comments:

  1. ooohhhh Ruth the white birches and the milk weed, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea, two fun things in one day. happy birthday Hannah. i love the birch trees with the one fallen comrade in arms... i have never seen a milkweed and i want to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day... a birthday, a surprise (mostly), an outing and a photo shoot. What could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great way to spend some time with your friend - and surprise her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great photo-ops, and I'm glad you could have some time enjoying your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to take a photo ride with someone who enjoys it as much as the one taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet she appreciated your gift of time and friendship as much as she did the party….You were very sweet to entertain her with such a beautiful ride...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet she appreciated your gift of time and friendship as much as she did the party….You were very sweet to entertain her with such a beautiful ride...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds as if you were very successful in coming up with a ruse to get Hannah out of the house for a while. I'm glad she enjoyed the ride, because I certainly did. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos!

    I just love birch trees. They speak to me!

    Your friend Hannah had a delightful photography ride and then a wonderful bday celebration.

    Happy Holidays dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this was so much fun!! Happy Late Birthday to your friend. I'm guessing you have her hooked on photography!! Friendships are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, What a great way to help a friend celebrate a birthday! And, Ruth, you will not be surprised to know that I love that railroad bridge photo. Very nice! I wonder if the rails are still being used there ... it looks like yes. John

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Silver Birch trees are stunning. I am sure you had fun taking her on a wide goose chase. pity someone had not thought of the 'cars'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, beautiful images! I really like the birch trees!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely birthday surprise, and a wonderful ramble on a fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how neat.... I love surprises --but as nosy as I am, it's hard for anyone to surprise me... You did a great job and I'm sure that Hannah had a wonderful birthday....

    Great pictures and it does look like WINTER up there. We have a few trees hanging onto their leaves, but most are bare.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great photos. You taking your friend out on the photo ride was a birthday gift even before she got to the party. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those birch trees are stunning! By far my favorite tree after the Live Oak. What a fun day and now you might have a photog pal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos, and a great diversion to surprise Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bare trees still have so much beauty. A really great way to spend the day.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth