Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Peaceful Evening

This post is not exactly Christmasy,but in a way it may be.The photos show an evening of peace and tranquility and I believe that Christmas and the birth of Christ are peaceful.
Welcome to December,even as I take you back to the middle of October.



As I have mentioned before the lake located just west of my town,Lake Minniwasta,is one of my favourite places to go for sunset photos,or most any photos.
The following pictures were all taken on a beautiful evening around the middle of October.

I had gone to the lake to see if by chance the sunset would be a photogenic one.Well,I was in for a surprise.Not only was the sunset gorgeous,but the time leading up to it was filled with amazing beauty.

The water of the lake was as smooth as glass and that resulted in gorgeous reflections.

The low angle of the setting sun,cast a golden light on the surrounding trees and grasses.


I found myself turning from east to west to try to capture all the beauty.

I had to keep on shooting as the color and the beauty was all around me.


Even the stones at the water's edge looked lovely.

I spent far more time at the lake that night than I had planned on and took far more pictures than I had expected to take. It was a refreshing time to be a witness to such beauty and calmness.

20 comments:

  1. i love the glassy water! and lovely golden glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pictures are beautiful and capture the calmness of the moment. Such times as this feel magical. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful, tranquil -- and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exceptional place...I would have stayed there as long as I could too! Yes, even the rocks caught the fading sunlight! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are GIFTS to us!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would LIVE there if it was anywhere near me. All is so beautiful!! I love the cloud in the lake, and the beautiful yellow bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Especially like #1 with the reflection of the clouds. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you like to take sunset shots there! Beautiful, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The peace emanates from these. All beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from Dubai! What lovely captures!Really enjoyed going through your blog. Have a great week ahead! Will be back soon...

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth, Wow, these photos are simply wonderful. Your lake is a great spot for photos. I love the reflections. AND, on your earlier post ... the fish-eye app ... aren't those just amazing! Wouldn't they make some wonderful postcards? Ruth, thanks for sharing and for your kind comments on my blog. John

    ReplyDelete
  12. the cloud reflection is amazing.. so beautiful. and you are right the light made even the stones into a work of art. love your header

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you shared these, Ruth - each one of them is so beautiful, and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, absolutely gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful reflection in the lake. All of these images are very calming. Boy, did I need this today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Ruth....Your December header is so very pretty and fitting. the Lake has given you so many wonderful photos...I really like the beautiful color of Yellow on the bank of the water. Beauty is all around us!
    Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning images, Ruth. When you end ups spending more time seeing and doing something than you planned, you know for certain that it's time well spent. Thank you for sharing the loveliness of this time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sound of rushing water trickling over rocks is beautiful, but the peace of the still waters is tranquil to the soul!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth