Sunday, November 23, 2014

Scenic Lake Minniwasta

In looking back through some of my photos,I couldn't help but be surprised that I had not shared these before,so here goes. I know we are stepping back a month or so,but the beauty remains the same.

Lake Minniwasta is a small lake,as lakes go,but it is the main source of water for the City of Morden.Aside from that,it is also a place of great beauty.
This is the road leading to the back,where the canoe launch is located.



A short walk through the trees and I can find this beautiful spot.I have stood at this place so many times,yet each time I am in awe again,at the beauty I can find there.


At the canoe launch site,which is a gently sloped,graveled area,one can walk right up to or even into the water.Since I am not a water person,I stand at the edge and get my pictures.
Gentle waves lapping at the shore create a peaceful scene.


The sun creates a path of diamond across the lake.I love how this particular time they actually looked like stars on the water.



I tried to get up close and personal with the water and still keep my feet and camera dry. The camera was of more importance than my feet.
A small wave breaks at the shore and gives me a picture I really enjoy.


I hope you enjoyed visiting 'my' lake once again.Let's do it again soon.


There is so much beauty in the world,
but you must allow yourself to see it.

22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful refreshing spot! You'll have to show us what it looks like in the dead of winter! Is it all frozen over?? Just curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that bubbling at the water's edge. :) lovely lake and surrounding trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars on the water are glorious. How far away is this from you, are there usually lots of people there in good weather? I would come all the time, bringing a chair and snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth....pictures of water are so very interesting... This area looks very peaceful and serene. Great pictures...
    Do y'all have a Fall break at school? Our schools are out all week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful captures, Ruth




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit your lake again. As you said, it's beautiful, as are your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And soooo wonderful, to catch that beauty in a picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, these are beautiful pictures!! Love the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a peaceful (and scenic) place. I can see why you would visit here often. Nice to look back to a colourful (and warmer) time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos Ruth! Such a lovely place to go to for restoration of heart and soul.

    The water is so clear!

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you, it is a beautiful lake and a place i would enjoy over and over... i like the close up of the wave breaking and the diamonds in the water. and would love to wade in that clear water by the rushes.. i am sure it is cold but i could stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, Great pictures! Lake Minniwasta reminds me of my beloved Green Lake here in Seattle. Lakes can be a photographer's paradise. Thanks for sharing. John

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why you would want to return to this time often. It's beautiful. I love that last shot of the waves…Just gorgeous….

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a peaceful place. I could go there and just stay all day. The last photo is just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think it matters when people see the photographs or how old they are, especially in your case they are always so lovely. These scenes are very peaceful looking and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, looks like it's a really nice little lake! Lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you found these to share! So beautiful. I hope you have some more of Lake Minniwasta for a later post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a neat spot. Really like the photos you took there, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty, Ruth. And it even has a beach - i love that. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful place within easy access for you. I would go there often and certainly get my feet wet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just plain wow!!! From the Autumn colors to the clear, refreshing water ripples.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth