Friday, December 5, 2014

Birds Around My Yard

I realize that I used to post a lot more birds.Well,here are a few of my recent bird photos.

This Dark-eyed Junco was enjoying his bath time and why not,the water was warm in the heated bird bath and no one else was waiting for a turn.


I looked out one day and saw Waxwings in the maple tree. when I lifted my lens to focus on them,I realized these were Bohemian Waxwings.They come around in fall and spring,so it was a special sighting.


I wish I had been able to get closer,but this was the best I could do. Just in case someone doesn't know,you can tell they are the Bohemian,because of the rusty undertail coverts,or feathers.


I get some of these pictures through the window. The bird bath is on the deck railing.I have the pleasure of having the White-breasted Nuthatches around all year and I am thankful for that.


Another bird I am thankful for is the Blue Jay.I can count on them to brighten most any day.If I provide the peanuts,they will provide me with photo opportunities.


Thought to ponder:
Don't forget to pray today,because God didn't forget to wake you up.

20 comments:

  1. Hi there, I don't do as many bird posts as I used to either... Actually, I'm not posting anything as much as I used to...

    Love your birds especially the waxwings... I have seen them ONCE here (not at the feeders) --and love those little birds.

    Also love the Jay with the big peanut... Perfect photo.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds are pampered, Ruth - food and a heated tub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your bird pictures! I especially like your birdbath! I should get one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. some great sightings! adorable little nuthatch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so your birds have their very own heated spa.. that is so cool.. he sure looks happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing birds from your garden especially these Waxwing. Thanks for explaining the difference. Love the Jay with the nut. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I did not know that bluejays like nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed the Bohemian waxwings last spring and I fear I may have missed them again this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth, great captures! I love the Waxwings! They seem so elegant, in my eyes! The Blue Jays are always such raucous and fun birds! Unfortunately we don't get them here on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, sharp, and close pictures. But you know my absolute favorite? Those divine water spritzes that are flying through the air in the first picture!! Really, look at them, they are lines made of dots. I also love Mr. Naughty Bluejay! Around here, they are bullies supreme. I have seen the masked bandit Waxwings only twice before, they were literally getting drunk on berries, squishing and stuffing them! They are a beautiful and unusual sight, very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth, so glad you shared your bird photos. I wish the Blue Jays would come around more often here! They're fun. LOVE the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, Nice photos ... but those last two are just great! Excellent photography! And I love the Thought to ponder. Wishing you a fine weekend. John

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shots are really wonderful, Ruth. I haven't taken many bird shots this year, but it's because the outside kitties are keeping them away. I have moved the feeders further from the house, so it will be difficult to get a good shot now. I miss photographing them, so I've really enjoyed seeing yours. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Waxwings! Wish I would get some before the crab apples are gone. That jay shot is great. I think it is so funny when they stuff several big peanuts in their mouths at once.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the peanut shot. that is too cute. i love your blog changes. so fun & festive for this happy season!! have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic. You know I love birds...all birds!! And your photo shares are super. I especially like the blue jay with the peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The birds are always a joy to observe and photograph and you always do the very best of both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great bird shots...that first one in the bath and wow...the bluejay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth