Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Nashville,Tennessee Part 3

We continue our walk through the Opryland Hotel.There is so much to see and so many photo opportunities.

I came across this tree with fruit on it. There were two trees like this and both had the fruit,but on this  one the fruit looked like it was ripening.Can anyone tell me what this is?


Poinsettias were everywhere and I thought they looked extra lovely,framed like this.


This picture shows some of the rooms overlooking the Atrium.I am sure they would be lovely,but just a little more than my pocket book allowed.


I had so much fun photographing the various water falls and cascades.The sound of the running and falling water was beautiful and relaxing.


This scene was located close to some restaurants.The water would shoot from one place to another.
I should have taken a video to really show this well. I do believe that this was all lit up at night,but I was at concerts in the evening so didn't get to see it.

Orchids,Orchids everywhere.They were tucked into many little nooks and crannies and lent their exotic look to these areas.

Once again,I don't have names for them,but I do like and appreciate their beauty.


 I really like the veins in these petals.


Simple white with just a touch of color,is still so pretty.


Another variation.This one is spotted.


These had very unique petals and were quite eye-catching with those bright colors.


I love Orchids and I sure got to see many varieties at the Opryland Hotel.

25 comments:

  1. Was that a papaya tree? What beautiful surroundings in which you stayed! Oh, wow, I love those orchids - a pure white is my favourite! Enjoyed this virtual tour while outside someone is scraping the ice from their car after the rain downpour we had this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite places to go. My husband and I used to go every Christmas. It was so lovely and enjoyable. Have not been back since he passed away. I truly enjoyed your tour.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. really are beautiful blooms and wonderfully designed water features, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers, foliage and flowing water in the Opryland Hotel are a photographer's dream. You did a great job of capturing that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to visit and your shots are just gorgeous...So glad you had a good time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Star Fruit??? I said papaya, but Sam said star fruit. I can't wait to find out....I think I'm right. How cool....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is like a Paradise! You would not know where to look or snap first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so behind on blog visiting, hardly sitting at my computer for a week! I hope to catch up on the rest of your trip. Looks like so much fun. Your orchid shots are so pretty! And the atrium of that hotel is quite beautiful. Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the flower shots you showed us. So many different and beautiful colors. The papaya tree looks amazing.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say papaya too. There is a tree of them in our neighbor's yard.

    What a lovely space the atrium is, especially in winter.

    Orchids are a favorite of mine too. There are so many different ones. Some of mine are getting ready to bloom. :-)

    Have a great day dear Ruth ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are AWESOME and no wonder you had such a fantastic time. so much beauty in the middle of winter. it is a papaya . we have a big on laying on our counter. Jimmy broght about 20 big ones to the YMCA yesterday and we brought one home. i don't eat them but bob does..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth, It sure looks like you had a great trip. Neat photos! Especially the orchids ... they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this trip with us. John

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth - That is SO beautiful and what a wonderful trip for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The orchids are gorgeous! And yes, the rooms are great. Our company paid for ours and it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and view the beautiful plants and watch people.
    You did a wonderful job of photographing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have one orchid here that we bought at Home Depot a few years ago. It seems to like it here as it continually blooms... so thankful for a bit of color in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ruth, lovely images! I'm glad I've had the opportunity to go there. Your images bring back some nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a wonderful place to visit! Thank you for taking us on a tour. What a pleasure it is to see colorful flowers and beautiful water features. Viewing this lovely post certainly warmed me up, as we are experiencing -30 wind chill temps here in Chicago. The orchids are especially stunning. Fantastic photographs, as always, Ruth! I've never seen a papaya tree before. It's lovely. I hope you had a marvelous time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The orchids are stunning and I am not surprised you loved this place. it is a pity you had not video the water, it would have been lovely to see and hear that. The fruit on the tree is Payayia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i enjoy all the orchids ... they really are such amazing plants. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  20. Might be papaya or passion fruit. I think orchids are so lovely and always make me think of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am going "backwards" on this trip but it seems like you had the time of your life!!! the orchids are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed seeing your photos of this beautiful place! I wish I could afford to spend winter there. Who needs Hawaii? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this series on this beautiful place. And the orchids are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth