Monday, January 12, 2015

Nashville,Tennessee,Part 5

By now you all know that I got to visit Nashville,Tennessee a little while ago.

This was a week filled with firsts.
I took my first ever flight,had my first visit to Nashville,or for that matter anywhere in Tennessee.
I got to meet George and Betsy for the first time,and they took us to Cracker Barrel,which was also a first for me. This was a place I had often heard about and now I can say I have eaten there.So Cool!


I initially made the plans to go,because I wanted to attend Legacy Five's New Year's Eve celebration at the Gaylord Opryland hotel. I was very excited about attending this event,but long before I left to go there another event stole the show.


I have posted the next two pictures before,but since it was such a special moment in my life,I have to share them again.
My dear friends George and Betsy Adams made the effort to drive to Nashville to meet with me.Their smiling faces only tell a small part of the story. I was beyond thrilled to finally meet them,after all these years of being blog friendsThey are just the sweetest couple and the hours flew by too quickly.

George was gracious enough to get this picture of Betsy and me.I do hope this was only a first visit and hope that somehow we can meet again.Oh,and Cracker Barrel wasn't bad either,in fact Gwen and I took a taxi back there on New Year's Day.


This is a look at the room where the events took place. Apparently there were 1400 people in attendance. Acoustics were really good and even though I was not in the front row,as I like to be,we had a fairly good view of the stage.
I will be including several videos for your enjoyment.


This is The Jubilee Group.The groups here are Greater Vision,The Booth Brothers and Legacy Five. Each group is good on their own,put the three together and the sound is amazing.The firsts continued during the concerts.Well, lasts and firsts.This was Jim Brady's last time of singing with the Jubilee Group.


During part of that segment,the Booth Brothers sang together for the last with Jim Brady.

This is a different time and place but this short clip will help to explain the hats.


Shortly after that performance the New Booth Brothers stepped on stage with Paul Lancaster joining them. They sounded great.




Jim Brady has not quit singing,but rather formed a new group,The Jim Brady Trio,and they too sounded amazing. On January first they made their stage debut,so you can see this was a time of firsts for me and many others.



The event is hosted yearly by Legacy Five,so I had to add at least one picture of them.


I have many more pictures,but for now these 5 posts will suffice.
I came away from here with a heart full of memories and that is as any good vacation should be.

25 comments:

  1. What a remarkable trip with many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing these videos too! You had a blessed time; what a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I can tell this trip is going to be a happy memory for you for a very long time. I love the picture of you and Betsy; both of you such wonderful women...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you so happy Ruth and enjoying yourself. Yes it is good to build up those firsts and make new memories. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special trip! And wonderful pictures of you, Betsy and George. We got to meet them a few years ago and they are so very nice. I know that was just as exciting as the cool show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the concerts were as good as you hoped they would be. I hope you enjoyed Tennessee so much that you will come back. It was our pleasure to meet you, and I'm glad you enjoyed your Cracker Barrel experience. We, too, hope there are more meetings in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will never forget this trip, Ruth. Good memories to last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing your trip filled with firsts was. Lots of wonderful memories.

    Love seeing the photo of Betsy and George and you and Betsy. They are a couple of sweethearts.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy for you at all your Firsts and that you got to see the singers you love plus visits with friends.. now i will be singing don't fence me in all day, that is one catchy tune...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Ruth.....lots of good FIRST for you. Sam and I attended the National Quartet Convention in Kentucky a few years ago. Oh the joy that filled our hearts. These Gospel singing groups really Bless so many people. Thanks for sharing the videos and all of the photos....They have Blessed me. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a successful trip all the way around. that's the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruth, so glad that you had a great time! The concert looks like it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well----these are the type of vacations to have FOR SURE.... I'm thrilled that we finally met ---and I'm also thrilled that your concerts were awesome... I can understand why you love those groups so much... Not only are they talented, but they are also SO entertaining...

    I pray that we will meet again... I think it's just meant to be... The friendship 'chemistry' is just there --and I know that God would want us to meet again --and again---and again...

    Love you bunches,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Ruth, I know I said it before but this truly was the trip of a lifetime!! What a great picture of you and Betsy, and those purple sweatshirts, love 'em!! And I also love Cracker Barrel, the restaurant and the store, good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful time that must have been! And so many "firsts" for you! How wonderful that you were able to finally meet your long time blogging friends. I do love the Cracker Barrel. I am familiar with those singing groups. I may have told you before that one of the member of Great Vision (if he is still in the group) is from right down the road...Chris Allman, the original tenor. He has also been at my church and his sister, Robin as well, who is married to our former youth pastor's brother. It's it amazing how small this world really is :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like so much fun! I am hoping to go there one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you made that flight because these wonderful memories will last a lifetime. You are so fortunate to have meet Betsy ans George and the photos of you 2 gals is special

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great trip! I've so enjoyed the pictures, descriptions, videos and am overjoyed that you had all these firsts to share!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ruth, Thanks for taking us along on your trip to Nashville. I enjoyed all your photos and comments. John

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - what a treasure trove of memories you have in your heart from that trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ruth - I know this won't be the last plane trip now that you've been bit by the travel bug. It looks like you had a great time. I love that poinsettia tree in your last post! It's such fun to meet long-time blog friends. And, I can't believe you'd never been to a Cracker Barrel - my Bob loves their pancakes. That's a lot of firsts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ruth, Hope you are feeling better. Have a good weekend and take care. John

    ReplyDelete
  23. How special that the chemistry among the three of you (Betsy, George and you) was sooo good! You can't always tell over the Internet and it's great to know that the three of you are just as nice as you seem to be!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun trip that must have been.

    I enjoyed seeing your flowers, and it was good to see that I'may not there only one who takes pictures of blossoms fromy different angles. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth