Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Visit to Summer 2014

It has been too long since I posted to the blog.I guess,I like so many others,get busy with day to day life and the blog has to take a back seat.
Today I decided to look back at last years summer and dream of warmer weather ahead.


A peaceful river flowing along is just about the most relaxing scene there is.For those of my readers from Manitoba,this is close to Rock Lake.


I love the Pembina Valley located not too far from where I live.The rolling hills and then the variety of colors seen in the fields,all make for some wonderful photo opportunities.


Many times beauty is right before our eyes.This is the case with this picture.I literally only have to step out of my house to see this.It may be simple beauty,but then,I am only a simple person.


Usually a photographer tries to get as close as possible to a bird,in order to get the best picture.As you can see I wasn't very close to this Robin,but I like the whole scene.Obviously this photo was taken towards the end of summer,as you can see by the red berries on the Mountain Ash,


Usually the best pictures happen from outside the car,but sometimes,even shooting through the windshield works. I will have you know that I stopped for a moment to get this shot,so no,I didn't take pictures while driving. This picture was also taken close to Rock Lake.

Something to think about:
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.

20 comments:

  1. You do have an eye for beauty and the skill to capture it well! Can't wait for the robin's return! Please tell them not to forget to come to AB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these are beautiful pictures and make me eager for spring/summer. What is the tree or shrub that was blooming right outside your door? I like the whole scene of the Robin and Mountain Ash, too! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Robins clean off all the berries on our Mountain Ash before they leave in the fall. The summer scenes look very inviting, especially as it is snowing here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these marvelous images taken during warm weather. Your valley is beautiful, but I especially like your sky photo. I'm glad you stopped to get that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post and photos, Ruth. My favorite is the Robin photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The valley is beautiful! We live in one very similar. What are these tiny pink flowers? In the case, I love the distant shot of the robin because of the beautiful berries surrounding him! The sky is beautiful in the last picture, and the road seems to go on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! You are right Ruth...sometimes the best shots are the ones that just happen! I have also taken them from the car...for that reason, I always keep my point & shoot with me. I have gotten some of my best shots from that little camera :) I always enjoy reading your blog and your lovely photos...however often you post, it's OK...no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the winding road picture & those clouds are amazing!! what a gorgeous day!! i saw a robin hoping around the other day they always say that means spring but the temps say different. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth, I always enjoy your photos, regardless of when they were taken. The way you put them together with your thoughts always makes them special. I think those of us who recognize the importance of the spiritual portion of our lives get a certain benefit from photography ... it helps us notice and appreciate God's amazing creation. Thank you, as always, for sharing and may you have a good week ahead. John

    ReplyDelete
  10. so much beauty to capture. the robin is my favorite. I love the way he is hidden in all the beauty but we still see him.. those clouds are fantastic... I am with you on stepping out the door for a shot of beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the robin in the berry tree and both photos showing a ribbon of a road leading off. you have some great viewing in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the robin picture....the berries make the image, no need to cut them out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thrilled to go on your last year's Summer post with you. Some beautiful scenes here. God is so good and HIS landscape is the BEST.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am lucky to have beauty here as well. And to hear the birds singing more now...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely countryside and wonderful shots from your garden. Love the Long road ahead shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it that you see so much beauty in the simpler things in life! I'm glad you stopped to take the photo of the road. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you decided to come back for a day. You shared some great sights. I particularly like the last one of the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many great pictures.....especially nice that a pic from the car could be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful places and even lovelier pictures dear Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth