Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Memories of Summer 2014

The weather is slowly warming up and I am getting some new pictures,but for now I will choose to look back on the past summer.

As you all know,I love visiting The English Gardens in Winnipeg,so that is where we are going,once again,today.
On a warm sunny afternoon,this froggy was enjoying his private lily pad.Come to think of it,it was likely not that private,because I as well as many others were watching him.


The Monarch Butterflies,love this plant. It seems that the Monarchs are declining,as I am definitely seeing less of them,so each sighting is a special one.


Can't you just feel the warmth of the sun in this shot?Maybe,it's only me,as I know how warm it was that day. I do love this plant and how it attracts the butterflies and other insects.It happens to photograph well,too.


I love all flowers,from the multi petaled ones to the simple ones. This rose is somewhere in between.I am always attracted to the roses,good thing too, that it is the flower of my birthday month.


Here is a simple flower,but one that hold so much beauty. This is a variant of the Purple Coneflower or Echinacea. These flowers are sturdy and don't require a lot of attention,but they also attract many insects.


On this first day of April,I hope you enjoyed this quick walk through the English Gardens.I am sure we will do it again and perhaps many times over.
A new month means we have a chance to start over again.
In a few short days we will be celebrating the most wonderful day on the Christian calendar,the day Christ arose victorious over death.

20 comments:

  1. love the frog on the lilypad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your walk through the English Gardens... I know you like that place as much as we like Biltmore... We hope to go back to see the Azaleas blooming and also the Tulips....

    Like you, I love all kinds of flowers... Hope you can come and see us sometime in May/June to see our Roses.... Actually they bloom all summer but the first blooms are always the best (it seems).....

    Happy Easter... ALLELUIA.
    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this purple plant? Some kind of butterfly bush? Gosh, I hope the Monarchs are not going the way of the bees. That is a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a very 'kissable' frog, looks like a prince in hiding to me.. love those cone flowers and it does look warm and happy, all the photos do

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the "walk" very much. :) The frog on lily pad was a special treat. I've been looking for that scenario all year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little froggy is simply adorable......Lily pads have always fascinated me....
    Hope you enjoyed your day....it has been nice here..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little frog...all of them are great...can't wait to see butterflies again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, lots of frogs on blogs today. Your photo selection is a prelude to what is to come...Happy Easter to you, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do feel the warmth of the sun in some of those photos. It won't be long now. Happy Easter if I don't see you again before Sunday. John

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful capture, the frog on the lily pad. We are waiting for spring and hoping it lasts as long as winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, Soon our yards will look like that again--filled with color and "creatures". Beautiful photos -I love the frog on the lily pad. Have a Happy Easter. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when you share your photos of the English Gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love visiting the various gardens in places here where I live and around where I visit. When roses are in bloom at Portland's Rose Garden it is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking us with you on your visit to the English Gardens. I can feel the warmth of the sun in your photos. I really like the picture of the frog on his lily pad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved visiting the Gardens...the frog photo is my favorite, if I had to choose. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All are such lovely pictures and I enjoyed looking at all of them.
    Thank you so much for the kind words and prayers for my mom.
    Trying to get around to visiting some blogs today. So easy to get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes there is nothing like awalk through an english garden to see beautiful flowers and butterflies. Have a blessed Easter as we celebrate the easter message.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you got some seriously gorgeous photos, ruth!

    have a happy easter! lots of love.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth....as always picture post card perfect!! The flowers, the butterfly...but the frog on the lily pad steals the show!!

    I'm in my bird blog admin right now but wanted to stop by and add a thanks for visiting with me at Hootin' Anni's today. And wishing you a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ruth, wonderful images! I hope you're soon basking in the warmth of Spring and it's special colours! Get rid of the white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to visit this blog.I would appreciate your comments.I read everyone,but do not always take the time to respond to each one.Please come back again real soon.
Ruth